You are here
Graduation Requirements & Diplomas
Students who believe they are ready to receive their degree from Wentworth and have a grade point average of 2.0 or higher are required to complete a formal graduation application. Graduation applications will not be accepted from students with a grade point average below 2.0. Graduation applications are submitted via LeopardWeb and are required to ensure the Registrar has received all student credentials. Degrees conferred will reflect the graduation date that follows the student’s successful completion of all degree requirements; degrees are conferred in April, August and December.
Why Must a Student Apply to Graduate?
The graduation application notifies the Registrar that a student is preparing for graduation. An academic audit is then conducted, and students are notified of their degree eligibility status via their WIT email account; directing them to the potential graduation list found on the Registrar website. The Potential graduation list will be updated every Friday beginning February 9 through March 22. Any outstanding requirements will prohibit a student's eligibility to graduate.
Degrees are conferred in April, August, and December, with campus-wide Commencement celebrations in April and August.
Dates and Deadline for April 2018 Graduation
- February 9 to March 22
The Registrar's Office will publish an updated list of students who are cleared to graduate on Friday of each week until deadline. Please check this list for your WIT ID number.
- March 1
Last Day to Apply for Graduation via LeopardWeb.
- March 1
Last day to Petition to Walk at April Commencement
- March 22
Final Graduation List for Commencement Program
- April 2
Cap and Gown & Commencement Tickets
Submit an Online Graduation Application
- Submit an online graduation application for an undergraduate or graduate degree by the deadline. Refer to Dates and Deadlines above for specific dates.
- The name that appears on the diploma is taken from this graduation application. Please include accent marks, middle name, etc. If you wish for them to appear on your diploma.
Verify Degree Requirements
- Verify that your undergraduate degree requirements or graduate degree requirements have been met. Transfer credit and NR/IC grades must also be resolved by April 23, 2018. All Minor(s) requirements must be completed prior to degree being awarded.
To transfer credit, you must:
- Complete a Transfer Credit Approval Form, signed by the appropriate WIT Department Chair or Dean.
- Arrange to have an official transcript sent directly to the WIT Registrar's Office, showing the final grade. All transcripts must be received by April 23, 2018.
For questions related to graduation, please contact the Registrar Office at email@example.com.
Clear Degree Holds
All financial obligations must be completed prior to the final review of your degree requirement by the Registrar’s Office for undergraduate and graduate students, and there are no pending disciplinary actions with the Dean of Students.
All balances must be paid in full prior to your degree being awarded. Make sure to check your E-Bill on LeopardWeb, and contact your Student Financial Services counselor in the Student Service Center with any questions at 617-989-4020, or come to the Student Service Center and meet in person. If payment is required, Wentworth Institute of Technology will not accept personal or ACH (Web) checks. Payments must be made by credit card, money order or certified bank checks only.
If your degree was held previously because of outstanding financial obligations or pending disciplinary actions and you are now clear to graduate, you must email the Registrar Office at firstname.lastname@example.org to receive your diploma.
Complete an Exit Interview
All graduating students who received loans from the Perkins, WIT loan, or Stafford (Subsidized and Unsubsidized) loan programs are required to complete an on-line exit interview at www.studentloans.gov. The Perkins and WIT Loans have a separate exit interview from the Stafford loans.
The Registrar's Office staff require 6-8 weeks from the official graduation date to clear all students for graduation. After this time diplomas, will begin to be mailed. A general guideline for this mailing is below:
If your graduation date is:
- April, your diploma will be mailed no later than June.
- August, your diploma will be mailed no later than October.
- December, your diploma will be mailed no later than February.
Name on Diploma
Diplomas are printed using the diploma name listed on the graduation application. You can view and update your diploma name at the Student Service Center. Please submit all changes no later than April 21, 2018.
Mailing Address for Diploma
Diplomas are mailed to the address on your graduation application.
For all information related to the commencement ceremony on April 21, 2018, please visit our website at wit.edu/commencement.