We recognize that families play an essential role in students' success at Wentworth. On this page, you will find information about resources that are available to you and your student, as well as periodic updates about major programs such as move-in, family weekend, and commencement.
For questions not answered by the resources and offices listed below, please reach out to Brian Quigley, Director of Transitions and Family Engagement at email@example.com or 617-989-4163.
Important Fall Semester Dates
Below are some select dates to be aware of for this semester. All dates are subject to change. See the Helpful Links section below for a full academic calendar, as well as instructions on setting up proxy access to LeopardWeb. We also encourage you to follow Wentworth's official social media profiles for more updates and reminders (@wentworthinst on Twitter and @wentworthinstitute on Instagram).
- September 1-6: Residence halls open - New Students move in September 1-2, and returning students move in September 5-6.
- September 7: First day of class for the Fall 2023 semester
- September 26: Involvement Fair - Students can stop by the Involvement Fair to learn about the many ways they can get involved in campus clubs and organizations. A full list of clubs and a calendar of campus events can be found on Leopard Spot.
- October 13-15: Family Weekend - Visit the Family Weekend website to register and view a schedule.
- October 18: Midterm grades available on LeopardWeb - Check with your student to see if they are satisfied with their grades and encourage them to seek support from the Success Studio and professors if necessary. Individual and group tutoring programs are available for all students.
- November 22-26: Thanksgiving Break, no classes - Check with your student to see how the semester is going academically, socially, and emotionally. If your student may benefit from our free counseling and wellness services, they can schedule an appointment with our Center for Wellness.
- December 11-14: Final Exams - As students prepare for their final exams, the Success Studio and Center for Wellness resources listed above can provide excellent support.
Faculty Q&A Panel
Thank you to families who joined for our Q&A panel with faculty and deans on November 16. If you were unable to attend and would like to view a recording, please click here.
Family Newsletter Archive
Click the months below to view copies of newsletters from the past year. If you would like to sign up to receive our Family Newsletter, which is sent out twice per semester, please click here to subscribe. You can also get the latest updates by visiting the Wentworth news page.
We want to make sure your student is supported in all aspects of their Wentworth journey, both inside and outside of the classroom. Visit our Who Can Help page to see a comprehensive list of resources available to your students, and see below for some of the most commonly visited sites.
If you are concerned about your student's mental health or safety, you can call Public Safety at 617-989-4444 for emergencies or submit a CARE report so that a staff member can follow up with your student.
When talking with Wentworth employees about your student, the information that faculty and staff can share with you may be limited by the Family Education Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA). Students may give permission for the school to discuss their record with designated individuals by completing a FERPA Authorization, which students can access by clicking on the "Student" tab in their LeopardWeb profile.
View semester start and end dates, holidays, and important academic deadlines
Connect with staff who can provide accommodations and support for short- and long-term disabilities
View our varsity sports teams' schedules, news, and more
Billing & Financial Aid
Access information about paying for college
From clubs and organizations to on-and off-campus events, there are countless ways for your student to enjoy their time outside the classroom!
Center for Wellness
Learn about the many resources available for students' mental and physical health
Co-ops and Careers
See how families can support students during Wentworth's two required co-op semesters
Financial Hardship Resources
From the Student Emergency Fund to the on-campus food pantry, Wentworth offers a variety of resources to assist students who are experiencing financial hardship.
Proxy Access to LeopardWeb
Students can set up proxy access for family members to access grades, billing, and schedule information in LeopardWeb.
See details about on-campus housing options, processes, and deadlines
Campus Police works to keep Wentworth safe and help your student navigate life in the city.
Our Success Studio provides students with individual and group tutoring, academic advising, and much more.