Fitness & Recreation
Serving the colleges of Wentworth, MassART, & MCPHS
The Department of Fitness and Recreation fosters and promotes a healthy learning environment for students, faculty, and staff by implementing innovative and exciting opportunities that encourage intellectual, physical, social, and spiritual well-being. We strive to provide positive co-curricular activities and experiences designed to enrich lives, develop talents, and offer an arena for discovery and self-exploration.
Find us in the Flanagan Campus Center at Beatty Hall on the Wentworth Institute of Technology campus.
Fall & Spring Hours
Monday-Thurs: 6am - 11pm
Friday: 6am - 9pm
Saturday: 9am - 6pm
Sunday: 11am - 9pm
Visit the FITREC@WIT to view our complete schedule or navigate using one of the links here. You MUST HAVE a current college-issued (MassArt, MCPHS, or WIT) ID in order to gain admittance to the fitness center.
With amenities that one comes to expect from a first-class facility, including locker rooms and showers, Fitness and Recreation also offer over 50 pieces of the latest technology in cardiovascular and strength equipment from top of the line manufacturers like Cybex, Matrix, and Stairmaster.
Need to Reserve a Time in the Fitness Facilities? Want to Take a Group Fitness Class? Learn how to get started.
How do I create an account if I'm a Wentworth student?
Step 1: Go to: http://fitrec.wit.edu
Step 2: Click the “LOGIN” button in the upper right-hand corner of the page
Step 3: Click the “WENTWORTH” button
Step 4: Follow the authentication steps as indicated by your Institution (as necessary)
Step 5: See below section “Reserving Your Spot”
How do I create an account if I'm not a Wentworth student?
Step 1: Go to: http://fitrec.wit.edu
Step 2: Click the “Sign Up” button in the upper right-hand corner of the page
Step 3: Complete ALL of the fields!
Step 4: Click “Register”
Step 5: You must activate your account in order to have an active profile
Step 6: To activate, check your email (be sure to check the junk folder). When you find the email, click the “Activate My Account” button
Step 7: You will be brought back to http://fitrec.wit.edu where you will be able to log in. Click the “MassArt/MCPHS” button to do so.
Step 8: Enter the Username (case sensitive) and password (also case sensitive) you created.
How do I make a reservation?
Reserving Your Spot
Step 1: Log-in to your account if you have not already done so
Step 2: Click “Fitness Facility Access Reservations”
Step 3: Click on the facility/day that you wish to use. For example: "Monday: Schumann Facility Reservations"
NOTE: You can reserve a spot between 48 hours and 6 hours prior to the time you wish to reserve.
Step 4: Find the time block that you wish to use the facility and then click "Register"
Step 5: On the next page, click "Check Out"
Step 6: You will receive an email notification that confirms your time
Step 7: Be sure to follow the rules below!
What are the Facility Reservation Rules?
- All reservations must be made at least 6 hours in advance. Should you need to cancel, you must do so at least 6 hours in advance.
- No shows are not permitted and will result in a loss of privileges.
- You can reserve ONE (1) time in Schumann and ONE (1) time in Tansey each day. Excessive reservations will result in a loss of access.
- You MUST be able to display that you are “Cleared” on the CoVerified app from your respective institution.
- All participants must be willing to submit to a forehead temperature scan upon arrival.
- Access is granted for the allowable time of the reservation. If you arrive late for your reservation, you are still limited to the ending time of the original reservation.
- Masks are required at all times and must be worn properly.
- Do not bring any additional items beyond a water bottle! No backpacks, extra garments, etc.
- You must follow the direction of all staff members regarding the cleaning process.
- Please be courteous and do not “hog” equipment. Sharing is caring…after the equipment has been cleaned.
Do you have lockers available?
We have storage cubbies where you may keep your belongings while you work out. In addition to the storage cubbies, there are a limited number of lockers available in each locker room. These lockers are for DAY USE ONLY!
Do you have personal trainers?
Stop by the Fitness and Recreation front desk to ask about the Personal Training services that are available! Single sessions and packages are available!
Are there places where can I shower?
Shower facilities are available in the men’s and women’s locker rooms located inside Fitness and Recreation. All showers are wheelchair accessible, and towel service is available.
Do you allow guests?
Due to space constraints and the popularity of Fitness and Recreation, guests are not allowed.
Do I have to pay to take Group Exercise classes?
All Group Exercise classes are free, but you will need your college-issued ID!
I forgot my shampoo, and I need to shower before class.
Don’t worry, Fitness and Recreation offer shampoo and body wash for emergencies just like this. We even have a hairdryer and hair elastics should you need one while running on the treadmill.