Launched within only four weeks in May 2012 to date over 7,570 participants have engaged with our programs. Accelerate, Wentworth Innovation + Entrepreneurship Center was conceived as a logical extension of Wentworth's already existing strengths and disciplines to drive thought partnerships, interdisciplinary engagement, and out-of-the-box ideas among students, alumni, industry, and the Boston community.
Today, Accelerate has proven to be an added value proposition to our students. A catalyst to push their passion- regardless if students decide to start their own venture, work in a startup, or become intrapreneurs for an established company- the experiences gained through Accelerate will position them for the future.
Making it Real
Accelerate builds innovative thinking and entrepreneurial confidence through rigor and instinct, impacting students' career choices and success. This extra-curricular experience allows students to develop the following competencies for an ever-changing work environment and stand out with exceptional dedication and drive:
- Empathy: understand and act on individual, community, and industry needs and wants
- Inspiration: formulate strong conceptual thinking to create, iterate and collaborate effectively
- Discovery: acquire new knowledge and resources, focus and diverge content to build capacity
- Resilience: essential for failure, risk-taking, and adaptability
- Presence: gain confidence through networking and public pitch rounds