Engineering Accreditation Information
The Wentworth Bachelor of Science in Engineering is accredited by the Engineering Accreditation Commission of ABET.
Program Educational Objectives
Graduates of the engineering program will (within a few years of graduation):
- To pursue a life of curiosity and passion to explore the diverse applications of engineering
- To apply Engineering fundamentals with confidence and humility to develop innovative and effective solutions in a professional and ethical manner
- To pursue professional development to meet and adapt to emerging and evolving engineering challenges
Students from the engineering program will attain (by the time of graduation):
- An ability to identify, formulate, and solve complex engineering problems by applying principles of engineering, science, and mathematics.
- An ability to apply engineering design to produce solutions that meet specified needs with consideration of public health, safety, and welfare, as well as global, cultural, social, environmental, and economic factors.
- An ability to communicate effectively with a range of audiences.
- An ability to recognize ethical and professional responsibilities in engineering situations and make informed judgments, which must consider the impact of engineering solutions in global, economic, environmental, and societal contexts.
- An ability to function effectively on a team whose members together provide leadership, create a collaborative and inclusive environment, establish goals, plan tasks, and meet objectives.
- An ability to develop and conduct appropriate experimentation, analyze and interpret data, and use engineering judgment to draw conclusions.
- An ability to acquire and apply new knowledge as needed, using appropriate learning strategies.
Undergraduate Enrollment & Degrees Awarded
Annual Student Enrollment