Skip to main content

Frequently Asked Questions about Housing at Wentworth

  • What is a Community Director or Assistant Director?

    A Community Director (formerly "Resident Director") and Assistant Director is a full-time, professional staff member who manages a residential area on campus. Their job is to ensure that every aspect of the building is running smoothly, from following up on work orders, to supervising Community Advisors and upholding the Student Code of Conduct. Our staff are there to ensure that the students get the best positive living experience at Wentworth.  

    Staff Directory

  • What is a Community Advisor?

    A Community Advisor (CA) is an upper-class student leader who serves as a resource in the residence halls. They are responsible for community development in their residential area, enforcing the Student Conduct Code, and communicating important information to our residential students. Each community also has a Senior Community Advisor (SCA). The SCA is a seasoned CA with several years in the position - one who takes on additional responsibilities and an elevated leadership role within the CA staff.  

  • When are the Community Advisors on duty?

    Community Advisors are on duty Sunday through Thursday from 8:00 p.m. to midnight, and on Friday and Saturday nights from 8:00 p.m. to 2:00 a.m.  Community Advisors are available during these hours to assist students, provide community development programming, facilitate walkthroughs of each community for health and safety, and perform lockouts.  

  • Where is main Housing and Residential Education office located?

    The main Housing and Residential Education office is located in the Apartments @ 525 Residence Hall, 101. The entrance to the office is on the corner of Huntington Avenue and Vancouver Street - on the north side of Huntington Avenue. The office is open from 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m., Monday through Friday. We can be contacted via email ( or via phone (617-989-4160). 

    Staff Directory

  • What is the address for me to receive mail?

    Student mailboxes are located in the 555 Huntington Avenue, 610 Huntington Avenue and 525 Huntington Avenue buildings. 

    It is important that the address be listed properly in order to prevent loss or delivery delays. 

    The mailing address for letters and all USPS deliveries (except for USPS deliveries that require a signature) for all residents: 

    (Student’s name) MS_______ 
    Wentworth Institute of Technology 
    XXX Huntington Ave 
    Boston, MA 02115-5520 

    Students who live in 610 or Baker Hall, should use 610 Huntington Avenue
    Students who live in 555 or Evans Way/Tudbury Hall should use 555 Huntington Avenue. 
    Students who live in 525 or Louis Prang/Vancouver Apts. should use 525 Huntington Avenue. 

    When using UPS, Airborne, DHL, Fed Ex Home, Federal Express, a local courier, or hand delivery of United States Postal Service (USPS) which requires a signature, use this address: (*NOTE: this is the address you should use when ordering packages from Amazon and other online retailers) 

    (Student’s name) MS_______ 
    Wentworth Institute of Technology 
    550 Huntington AV 
    Boston, MA 02115-5998 

    If you receive a package, you will be notified via email from Copy and Mail Services that it is waiting for you. To pick up an item, follow the instructions in the email and take your Wentworth ID Card to the appropriate Student Mailroom or to the school switchboard in Wentworth Hall, 1st floor. Packages will be given only to the student to whom they are addressed unless other arrangements are made. Unclaimed packages are subject to being returned to the sender after five (5) days unless other arrangements are made. 

    When mailing a gift card, the Post Office recommends sending it in a bubble wrap envelope, these are sorted by a separate system.  

    If you do not know your Mail Stop number, you view it on your myHousing portal

  • What should I do if I lost my keys?

    Report the lost keys to your residential community director as soon as possible to put in a work order for new keys. Depending on which key is lost, new keys may need to be cut for the entire suite/apartment because locks may need to be changed. There is a lost key fine of $75 (per lost key) that will be added directly to your e-bill. 

  • Where do first-year students live?

    First-year students live in Baker Hall, Evans Way, Tudbury Hall, and in some instances, 610 Huntington Avenue. See here for more information about our residential communities.

  • Where do returning/continuing students live?

    Wentworth offers the following options for returning/continuing students: 555 Huntington Avenue, 610 Huntington Avenue, and Apartments@525. See here for more information about our residential communities.

  • How do I request a housing accommodation for a medical need?

    All students in need of a housing accommodation due to a medical need must complete the Housing Accommodation form through Accessibility Services.

  • What types of appliances can we bring into the residence halls?

    Students may bring a microwave and a refrigerator (no more than 4.0 cubic feet) to campus. Microfridges may be rented through the New England Student Service Company. They may also bring any single cup coffee maker that has an automatic shut off.  Appliances with an open coil, or without auto shutoffs, are not permitted (such as hotplates). For a full list of prohibited items, please visit the "What to Bring" section of our website or our Prohibited Items policy. 

  • What meal plan options are available? 

    All students with a residential housing assignment must select a full or partial residential meal plan. All first-year residential students, and those residing in Evans Way Hall, Tudbury Hall and Baker Hall, are required to purchase the Silver, Gold, or Platinum Plan.

    For more information on available meal plans, please visit the Wentworth Campus Dining website

  • Can students have cars on campus?

    First-year students cannot have a car on campus. Any residential student requesting parking must request parking through Wentworth Police Department. It's important to note that not all students who request parking are provided a parking permit. For additional vehicle and parking questions please visit the Parking Section of the Wentworth Police Department website. 

  • What is included in my room? 

    All of our residential communities are different, however, every student is provided a bed, mattress, desk, desk chair, and wardrobe/drawer set. Check out our Residential Communities page for more information about amenities, pictures and floor plans. 

  • Can my friends come visit me?

    Wentworth has a residential guest policy, which outlines specific rules regarding guests. 

  • What do I do if I want to change rooms during the year?

    Housing and Residential Education recognizes that not all people are compatible, and, at times, a room change may be the only solution. Students contemplating a room change should first discuss the situation with their roommates and then, if needed, seek the assistance of their Community Advisor and/or Community Director. Additionally, the Housing and Residential Education staff is available to assist residents with any roommate conflict.

    Every residential student signs an agreement to occupy a residential space on campus. That student is financially responsible for their assigned space for the duration of the agreement. A room change is an amendment to this agreement. All room changes must be authorized in writing by Housing and Residential Education staff. Unauthorized room changes are a violation of the Unauthorized Occupancy policy, and may result in disciplinary action or fees.

    During the first two weeks of the semester, no student-initiated room changes are allowed. After the first two weeks of the semester, residents may change their rooms, provided space is available. To initiate such a change, these students must see their Community Director.

    Wentworth Institute of Technology reserves the right to change room assignments at its discretion.

    Students that are currently living on-campus and would like to change rooms should complete the Room Change Request Form on their Roompact account. A member of the Housing & Residential Education staff will respond to requests via Wentworth email.