Biological Engineering Accreditation Information
The Wentworth Bachelor of Science in Biological Engineering program is currently seeking accreditation by the Engineering Accreditation Commission of ABET.
Program Educational Objectives
Graduates of the biological engineering program will (within a few years of graduation):
- Effectively contribute to the profession of biological engineering or related professional fields.
- Demonstrate leadership and accountability in their chosen fields and make decisions that are socially and ethically responsible.
- Demonstrate personal and professional growth through self-directed or independent studies.
Students from the biological engineering program will attain (by the time of graduation):
- an ability to identify, formulate, and solve complex engineering problems by applying principles of engineering, science, and mathematics
- an ability to apply engineering design to produce solutions that meet specified needs with consideration of public health, safety, and welfare, as well as global, cultural, social, environmental, and economic factors
- an ability to communicate effectively with a range of audiences
- an ability to recognize ethical and professional responsibilities in engineering situations and make informed judgments, which must consider the impact of engineering solutions in global, economic, environmental, and societal contexts
- an ability to function effectively on a team whose members together provide leadership, create a collaborative and inclusive environment, establish goals, plan tasks, and meet objectives
- an ability to develop and conduct appropriate experimentation, analyze and interpret data, and use engineering judgment to draw conclusions
- an ability to acquire and apply new knowledge as needed, using appropriate learning strategies.
Undergraduate Enrollment & Degrees Awarded
|Academic Year||Enrollment||Degrees Awarded|
Note: The Bachelor of Science in Biological Engineering graduated its first cohort of students in August 2021. Enrollments and degrees awarded are updated each fall.