Biological Engineering Accreditation Information
The Wentworth Bachelor of Science in Biological Engineering program is currently seeking accreditation by the Engineering Accreditation Commission of ABET.
Program Educational Objectives
Within three to five years after graduation, graduates of the Biological Engineering program will:
- Effectively contribute to the profession of Biological Engineering or related professional fields.
- Demonstrate leadership in their chosen fields and make decisions that are socially and ethically responsible.
- Collaborate within their chosen profession and across technical disciplines.
- Further their education either through directed or independent studies to advance personally and professionally.
By the time of graduation, students enrolled in the Biological Engineering program will be able to demonstrate the following outcomes:
- An ability to identify, formulate, and resolve complex engineering problems by applying principles of engineering, science and mathematics.
- An ability to apply engineering design to produce solutions that meet specific needs with consideration of public health, safety and welfare, as well as global, cultural, social, environmental and economic factors.
- An ability to communicate effectively with a range of audiences.
- An ability to recognize ethical and professional responsibilities in engineering situations and make informed judgments, which must consider the impact of engineering solutions in global, economic, environmental and societal contexts.
- An ability function effectively on a team whose members together provide leadership, create collaborative and inclusive environment, and societal contexts.
- An ability to develop and conduct appropriate experimentation, analyze and interpret data, and use engineering judgment to draw conclusions.
- An ability to acquire and apply new knowledge as needed, using appropriate learning strategies.
Undergraduate Enrollment & Degrees Awarded
Annual Student Enrollment
The Bachelor of Science in Biological Engineering will graduate its first cohort of students in 2021.