Next Course Offerings
Wednesday, January 10 - Wednesday, February 21, 2024
5:30 – 8:30 p.m. ET
Enrollment Deadline: December 21, 2023
Wednesday, February 28 - Wednesday, April 17, 2024
5:30 – 8:30 p.m. ET (No Class: March 6)
Enrollment Deadline: February 14
Our Fall 2023 session (Nov. 1 - Dec. 20) is now sold out.
Online | Live Instruction
An interactive class session with live instruction will be delivered each week via Zoom. Students will be required to have access to a personal computer or tablet with audio/video capabilities and a reliable WiFi connection.
7-Weeks | 21 Hours
You can expect to commit three (3) hours per week participating in an interactive online session via Zoom.
Wednesday Evenings | 5:30 - 8:30 p.m.
We are offering two date options in Spring 2024 semester:
- January 10, 2024 - February 21, 2024
- February 28, 2024 - April 10, 2024 (No Class: March 6)
This course is designed for individuals that are eligible to take the Massachusetts Construction Supervisor License Exam. To be eligible for the exam you must have at least 3 years of experience in building construction or design. See full eligibility requirements here.
In this course, you will learn:
- How to use the Massachusetts Building Code Books, Building Code Amendments, Architectural Access Board, International Energy Efficiency Code and General Knowledge to locate the correct building code regulation that applies to sample building code questions.
- Best practices and strategies for open book timed exams.
Course Tuition = $700
Estimated Books & Materials Costs = $503.50*
This course and the MA open book exam requires use of the Ninth Edition of the Massachusetts Building Code Books.
Wentworth Bookstore offers a custom curated and tabbed edition of the MA code books, designed to help you quickly navigate chapters and access key information quickly to succeed in the timed open book exam.
Enrolled students will be notified of the most recent edition to purchase from the WIT Bookstore, prior to the start of class.
Richard P. Crowley, Adjunct Faculty, Wentworth Institute of Technology, Former Chairman of the Mass. State Board of Building Regulations and Standards
Frequently Asked Questions
Requirements, Applications, Registration, Exams, and Policies
Does Wentworth offer the exam?
No. All exams are administered for the Office of Public Safety & Inspections (OPSI) by Prometric, a private contractor. For additional information, please view the Prometric Massachusetts Construction Supervisors Licensing Information Bulletin.
What are the requirements to sit for the exam?
The Commonwealth of Massachusetts determines eligibility to sit for the exam. Please visit their webpage or view their guide for Applying for a new Construction Supervisor License.
Does the Commonwealth require any work experience to sit for the exam?
Yes. Candidates must demonstrate 3 years of experience in building construction or design to be eligible for the exam. Work experience need not be continuous but must be full-time (40 hours per week) within the past ten years.
- Successful completion of a three- or four-year vocational high school or other vocational school program in the field of building construction shall be deemed as satisfying one year of work experience.
- Completion of a bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university shall be deemed as satisfying one year of work experience.
- Successful completion of a bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university in architecture or science, engineering, or technology in a related field shall be deemed as satisfying two years’ work experience.
- Active construction related military experience may be considered full time experience.
Note: Education cannot account for more than two years of experience, and union affiliation only is not acceptable as work experience.
How do I apply and register for the prep course?
Our registration process for non-degree programs can be found on the Workforce Development and Professional Education home page.
What is your cancellation policy?
Our cancellation policy for non-degree programs can be found on the Workforce Development and Professional Education home page.
Get ready to pass your exam with the knowledge and confidence you’ll gain from Wentworth Institute of Technology, one of the leading career-focused and future-focused, technological universities and ranked among the top in the country for Construction Management!
Our CSL preparation course format provides you with live instruction from an experienced professional and educator. The online classroom format enables you to ask clarifying questions, learn from real-life experience of an industry expert, and from other students.