Mechanical Engineering Accreditation Information
The Wentworth Bachelor of Science in Mechanical Engineering program is accredited by the Engineering Accreditation Commission of ABET.
Program Educational Objectives
Graduates of the mechanical engineering program will (within a few years of graduation):
- Contributing significantly in the design and development of complex systems within the field of engineering.
- Working effectively as members of multidisciplinary teams that analyze data critically, synthesize information, and implement ethical solutions for the betterment of society.
- Preparing and presenting technical information professionally to various audiences.
- Furthering their education either through directed or independent studies to advance them personally and professionally.
Students from the mechanical engineering program will attain (by the time of graduation):
- An ability to identify, formulate, and solve complex engineering problems by applying principles of engineering, science, and mathematics
- An ability to apply engineering design to produce solutions that meet specified needs with consideration of public health, safety, and welfare, as well as global, cultural, social, environmental, and economic factors.
- An ability to communicate effectively with a range of audiences
- An ability to recognize ethical and professional responsibilities in engineering situations and make informed judgments, which must consider the impact of engineering solutions in global, economic, environmental, and societal contexts
- An ability to function effectively on a team whose members together provide leadership, create a collaborative and inclusive environment, establish goals, plan tasks, and meet objectives
- An ability to develop and conduct appropriate experimentation, analyze and interpret data, and use engineering judgment to draw conclusions
- An ability to acquire and apply new knowledge as needed, using appropriate learning strategies.
Undergraduate Enrollment & Degrees Awarded
|Academic Year||Enrollment||Degrees Awarded|
Note: Enrollments and degrees awarded are updated each fall.