You are here
News at Wentworth
- July 19, 2017—Art Zafiropoulo, EEP ’60, has been named the featured speaker for Wentworth’s Summer 2017 Commencement ceremony on August 20.
- July 19, 2017—Nick Dunleavy, BIND ’12, finds his passion through Wentworth’s Industrial Design program and his “dream job” as a designer at Timberland in the latest Inside Wentworth podcast.
- July 14, 2017—Accelerate proudly celebrated Mass Innovation Nights’ 100th event (#MIN100) hosted by the Museum of Science.
- July 10, 2017—Wentworth's Construction Management Program has been ranked number one in the country by College Factual, ahead of 33 other colleges and universities offering programs in the field.
- July 6, 2017—A content delivery network and cloud services provider, Akamai Technologies is an internet giant, and Tyler Springhetti, BSIS ’18, is at the center of it all.
- July 6, 2017—Claire Ramsbottom, COF executive director, talks about clubs, study abroad, and other opportunities available.
- June 28, 2017—Chris Michel, BCOS ’17, and four teammates are currently taking part in the renowned MassChallenge competition.
- June 21, 2017—Boston Mayor Martin J. Walsh, Wentworth President Zorica Pantic, and other officials broke ground June 21 for a $55 million building for engineering, innovation and sciences on Wentworth’s Huntington Avenue campus.
- June 21, 2017—MassInnovation Nights hosted their 99th launch party and networking event on June 14th at the local Roxbury Grove Hall in the Thelma D. Burns Building.
- June 14, 2017—Mayor Martin J. Walsh and City of Boston officials will join Wentworth representatives to mark the start of construction for a $55 million multipurpose academic building.
- June 8, 2017—A Wentworth team created a pneumatic drill and sample-collection tool called “Microgravity Regolith Extractor” for taking core samples that would typically be analyzed as part of a deep-space exploration at NASA.
- June 7, 2017—The Douglas D. Schumann Library & Learning Commons brought truckloads of new furniture and technology to campus, but where did the old stuff go?
- May 25, 2017—Since her arrival in 2015, Cheryl Aaron has made a profound impact on Wentworth as the director of athletics, overseeing unprecedented success with her teams and becoming a strong advocate for the Leopards on and off campus.
- May 24, 2017—Accelerate Wentworth Innovation and Entrepreneurship Center’s very own, OCC Youth Unleashed, is now a part of a global early-stage startup cohort with high impact and high potential through MassChallenge Boston.
- May 23, 2017—“People don’t like to think about how insecure their devices and information really are,” says Raymond Hansen, an internet forensics specialist who came to Wentworth to help build a cybersecurity bachelor of science degree program at the Institute.
- May 22, 2017—When Jake Harrington, BSCE ’17, and Dominic Laudate, BCOS ’17, saw students struggling with pre-registration for their next semester of classes, they decided to do something about it.