You are here
News at Wentworth
- October 31, 2017—Wentworth’s cross country team captured the Commonwealth Coast Conference (CCC) championship for the third consecutive year.
- October 26, 2017—Pivoting is a vital part of the entrepreneurial process. On many occasions, the Startup Challenge has seen teams enter with one idea and transition into something completely different.
- October 20, 2017—President Zorica Pantić recently joined a small cast of leading executives and students who were invited to help the City of Boston’s push to entice Amazon.com Inc. into locating its second North American headquarters in Boston.
- October 19, 2017—Bill Holmes (pictured) recently found Wentworth publications, photographs, and other 1930s-era memorabilia, which is currently featured in an exhibit in the Douglas D. Schumann Library & Learning Commons through November 3.
- October 19, 2017—President Pantić honored and inducted; CMAA cites Professor Mark Hasso; State officials talk tech on campus
- October 17, 2017—Wentworth’s 2017 Family & Alumni Weekend got off to a celebratory start on Friday, October 13, with the dedication of the Myles and Eugenia Sweeney Department of Construction Management and the unveiling of the BOND Virtual Design and Construction Lab.
- October 12, 2017—Wentworth Institute of Technology will hold a double celebration October 13 to name the Department of Construction Management for the university’s largest benefactors—the late Myles and Eugenia Sweeney—and unveil the campus’ new BOND Virtual Design and Construction Lab.
- October 4, 2017—Former National Football League player and current Harvard Medical School neurosurgery resident Myron Rolle visited Wentworth on October 2 to speak to a packed Watson Auditorium audience about his varied career and his take on concussions related to football.
- October 2, 2017—Wentworth President Zorica Pantić, front, center, joined students and staff and faculty members Sept. 22 for a photo opportunity to celebrate the Institute’s new status in Massachusetts as a full-fledged, official university—113 years after the school was founded
- September 27, 2017—Antonio Furgiuele teaches architectural camouflage, a field that boomed during World War II but is essentially ageless, predicated on expanding upon nature’s own visual manipulations.
- September 25, 2017—From September 20th-23rd, Maarouf Barry (BSM ‘20) represented his startup, Eleis Farm, at the African Diaspora Entrepreneur Exposition (ADEEX).
- September 21, 2017—Trustee David Blittersdorf on leading by example when tackling world energy issues and why he believes Wentworth students are up for the challenge
- September 21, 2017—Learn about Eric Overström's passion for higher education, through text and videos, as he discusses the importance of EPIC Learning, why he’s excited about the new academic building, and how students want career success in addition to purpose.
- September 15, 2017—David Wigley, BSCO ’19, hopes to bring his coding skills to the defense industry.
- September 13, 2017—Institute is #71 among ‘Best Regional Universities (North)’ in U.S. News Rankings.
- September 11, 2017—Two Wentworth staff members have been honored for their work in the local community.