Wentworth and John F. Kennedy Library Foundation Presenting Moonshot Event
October 8, 2019
A still from the Apollo 11 moon landing
The following article is part of a series previewing the events taking place during Wentworth’s Inauguration Week, October 15-20.
What might JFK say?
In the spirit of innovation, Wentworth Institute of Technology will look back at the Apollo 11 moon landing event with a discussion sponsored by the John F. Kennedy Library Foundation.
A panel of experts will discuss President Kennedy’s push to the moon, as well as the technical expertise it took to reach it during the Moonshot Projects Symposium.
The event will take place on Tuesday, October 15 from 4:00- 6:00 p.m. in the commons area of the Center for Engineering, Innovation and Sciences (CEIS).
Specialists will survey pioneering projects in related fields:
- Steven Rothstein, Executive Director, JFK Library Foundation
- Neil Tardella, CEO, Energid Technologies (a division of Teradyne)
- Lori A. Masso, Senior Engineering Fellow, Systems Security Engineer, Raytheon Integrated Defense Systems
- James J. Collins, Termeer Professor, MIT and Wyss Institute, Harvard
- David Simpson, Assistant Professor, Biological Engineering, Wentworth Institute of Technology.
Register at wit.edu/inauguration/events.
November 18, 2019—The award was part of the annual New England Fashion Show.
November 8, 2019—The new Veterans Lounge was officially dedicated prior to the annual Veterans Luncheon event.
October 31, 2019—The inclusion makes the university one of the nation's most environmentally responsible institutions, according to the publication.