You are here
Sunday, August 19, 2018 - 2:00 p.m.
NEW LOCATION: Seaport World Trade Center, Commonwealth Hall
1 Seaport Lane, Boston, MA
Celebrate Summer Commencement on social media with the #GraduWIT hashtag.
The crowning achievement of any student’s journey, commencement is a day to celebrate.
- Graduating students will be allotted a maximum of seven tickets per person.
The Summer 2018 Commencement ceremony will be held on Sunday, August 19 at 2:00 p.m. at the Seaport World Trade Center, 1 Seaport Lane, Boston, MA 02210.
When to arrive:
- Volunteers: 11:30 a.m.
- Graduates cleared to walk: 12:30 p.m.
- Faculty: 1:00 p.m.
- All other guests: 1:00 p.m.
Can't attend in person? Watch the ceremony live at wit.edu/livestream
- Directions and parking information.
- We strongly encourage students and guests to leave any valuables at home. If you do bring them into the venue, you should keep your items with you at all times.
For questions, please contact Linda Werman, director of university events, at email@example.com or 617-989-4378
- Renaissance Boston · (617) 338-4111 · 606 Congress St · 0.2mi or 3 minutes
- Seaport Hotel · (617) 385-4000 · 1 Seaport Lane · 0.3mi or 6 minutes
- Westin Waterfront · (617) 532-4600 · 435 Summer St · 0.4mi or 9 minutes
- Yotel Boston · (617) 337-4747 · 65 Seaport Blvd · 0.6mi or 12 minutes
- Aloft Boston Seaport · (617) 530-1600 · 401 D Street · 0.6mi or 13 minutes
- Element Boston Seaport · (617) 530-1700 · 391 D Street · 0.6mi or 14 minutes
Boston Mayor Martin J. Walsh has been announced as the keynote speaker at Wentworth Institute of Technology’s Summer Commencement on Sunday, August 19.
“Wentworth Institute of Technology is an institution that brings tremendous honor to the City of Boston. It’s incredibly rewarding to deliver the commencement address before many deserving graduates, their families, and the faculty and staff who all helped them reach this important day,” Mayor Walsh said in a statement.
During his tenure, Mayor Walsh previously participated in the October 2014 ribbon cutting for the Apartments@525 Huntington Avenue and the June 2017 groundbreaking for the new multipurpose academic building for engineering, innovation, and sciences. In October 2015, he chose Wentworth’s campus to announce a $3 million grant to expand apprenticeship opportunities through the Mayor's Office of Workforce Development.
In recognition of Mayor Walsh’s achievements and leadership for the City of Boston, Wentworth will be presenting him with an honorary doctor of engineering degree, honoris causa.
Presidential Medal Recipient
The inaugural Presidential Medal will be given to Robert H. Swanson.
Robert H. Swanson is co-founder and former executive chairman of Linear Technology Corporation. He served as Linear’s executive chairman from 2005 until March 2017 when Linear was acquired by Analog Devices. Prior to that time, he served as Linear’s chairman of the board of directors and chief executive officer from April 1999 until 2005, and prior to that time as president, chief executive officer and a director of the company since its incorporation in September 1981.
From August 1968 to July 1981, Mr. Swanson was employed in various positions at National Semiconductor Corporation, a manufacturer of integrated circuits, including vice president and general manager of the Linear Integrated Circuit Operation and managing director in Europe. Mr. Swanson has a bachelor’s degree in industrial engineering from Northeastern University and an associate degree in production engineering technology. He also holds an honorary degree from Wentworth.
Mr. Swanson is married to Sheila (Reynolds) Swanson and they reside in Northern California.
Spring 2018 Commencement Recap
- If you are looking for individual photos of students from Spring Commencement, please head to CommencementPhotos.com, click "Order" and enter the online code or keyword you received at the event.
- View a full selection of candid photos that can be downloaded.
- Video of the April event can be found on Wentworth's YouTube page.