You are here
The Annual Awards
The Annual Awards are held each spring and recognize outstanding achievements in academics and leadership Over 70 students are recognized every year including the winner of Wentworth's highest honor, the Wentworth Bowl. This year's event will be held on March 21, 2018.
Students, faculty and staff are invited to submit nominations for the nine awards described below.
To submit nominations please click the link below the descriptions.
The Wentworth Bowl
- The Wentworth Bowl is presented annually to a graduating senior, in excellent academic standing, in honor of her/his outstanding involvement and contributions to the Wentworth community. This award is the highest honor a student can receive in recognition of outstanding, overall participation in Wentworth activities.
Unsung Hero Award
- The Unsung Hero Award is presented to a student in good standing who exhibits commitment to Wentworth through consistent involvement within the campus community. This individual, who may or may not hold a leadership position on campus, exceeds all expectations, consistently volunteers his/her time for Wentworth events and projects, and serves as a role model for all student
Outstanding First Year Leadership Award
- The Outstanding First Year Leadership Award is presented to a first year student who has become involved on campus within organizations or clubs at Wentworth for the first time. The student has consistently committed to his/her role and made significant contributions to the organization. This student is likely to leave a lasting impression on Wentworth's community.
Outstanding Sophomore Leadership Award
- The Outstanding Sophomore Leadership Award is presented to a sophomore who has made significant and noteworthy contributions to the Wentworth community. This student serves as a strong role model for their classmates and displays potential for success in future leadership roles.
Outstanding Junior Leadership Award
- The Outstanding Junior Leadership Award is presented to a junior who has consistently been involved with an organization/club/leadership role at Wentworth. The student regularly demonstrates enthusiasm toward and passion for their role on campus. This student serves as a strong role model for their classmates and displays potential for success in future leadership roles.
- The Paragon Award is presented to a graduating student (senior or graduate student) who has exhibited energy and enthusiasm for their leadership role during their years at Wentworth. This student has made significant and noteworthy contributions to the Wentworth community and has served as a strong role model for their classmates. The lasting commitment and work from this student has exceeded our expectations. This student will leave a lasting impression on Wentworth’s community.
Advocate for Multiculturalism Award
- The Advocate for Multiculturalism Award is presented to a student who has consistently supported the development of a diverse and inclusive community at Wentworth. The student has been involved in diversity and multicultural programming and has been a strong advocate for underrepresented populations. This student has impacted diversity efforts on Wentworth’s campus, and will likely continue this role in any community in the future.
Charles A. Rosselli Student Organization Advisor Award
- Named in honor of Charles A. Rosselli, former Chairman of the Construction Science Department and advisor of several student organizations, this award is presented to the advisor who has served a recognized student organization for at least two years, best exhibits commitment to student organization activities, positively represents the faculty and staff of Wentworth, and encourages the development of leadership skills in the organization's members.
Student Organization of the Year Award
- The Student Organization of the Year Award is presented to the outstanding student organization which best exhibits student involvement in organization activities, commitment to Student Life at Wentworth, represents Wentworth in a positive manner, and encourages the development of leadership skills in its members.
**Nominees for this award must be Student Organizations registered through the Center for Student Engagement. For a list of organizations please visit contact Student Engagement at x4080 or email@example.com
Nominations will be accepted until March 1, 2018
Please contact Student Engagement at firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.