You are here
News at Wentworth
- March 6, 2018—Helen Greiner, founder of CyPhy Works, will be honored as Wentworth Institute of Technology’s 2018 Woman of the Year at the March 17 Women@Wentworth celebration.
- February 26, 2018—EPIC Grants Awarded; President Picked for Cybersecurity Panel; CPCE Named Official Ed Partner; Hot Seat March 1
- February 20, 2018—Zorica Pantić, Ph.D., the first woman to lead Wentworth Institute of Technology, has announced that she will retire next year after a highly productive era marked by historic transformations of the school’s campus and curriculum.
- February 15, 2018—President Zorica Pantić paid a special visit to a group of Rhode Island high school students February 14 to congratulate them on creating a prosthesis for a nine-year-old boy who was born without the lower part of his left arm.
- February 12, 2018—An array of colorful animal figurines has made its way into the Douglas D. Schumann Library & Learning Commons as part of an exhibit entitled “Animal Abstraction.”
- February 8, 2018—Inkwells, beer and medicine bottles, milk jugs, and a porcelain New Hampshire license plate from 1917 are among items recently unearthed on Wentworth’s campus during construction of a new academic building for engineering, innovation, and sciences.
- February 6, 2018—President Zorica Pantić and other campus leaders Monday signed one of the final beams for Wentworth’s $55 million building for innovation, engineering and sciences—the university’s first new academic building in more than 45 years.
- February 5, 2018—Wentworth faculty will have the chance to expand upon their dynamic ideas thanks to several impactful grants.
- January 30, 2018—Wentworth Institute of Technology has hired Linda Shinomoto to serve as the university’s vice president for human resources.
- January 30, 2018—In an age of innovation and rapidly changing technology, a team of students and faculty members at Wentworth Institute of Technology has been working to update the Perkins Brailler—a popular typewriter for the blind that has changed little since its manufacturing debut 67 years ago.
- January 29, 2018—Wentworth and The Boston Globe recently launched the final article in a four-part series funded by the Institute and produced in conjunction with BrandLab, the newspaper’s sponsored content studio.
- January 10, 2018—Deanna Kondek, BSCE ’19, believes that her time at Wentworth has been greatly enhanced by the clubs and organizations she joined.
- January 3, 2018—A behind-the-scenes look at 'Wentworth Architecture review.'
- December 6, 2017—President Zorica Pantić joined a recent panel for a discussion on “Fulfilling the Promise of Title IX in STEM: Exploring the Roles University Leaders Play.”
- December 1, 2017—Four Startup Challenge teams were funded over $22,000 in November during Accelerate's PitchRound.
- November 30, 2017—Despite working for one of the largest cloud-computing companies in the world—and one that Forbes recently named most innovative—Francheska Nunez, BSIS ’19, never felt like simply a co-op during her recent time with Salesforce.