Construction Management (Master of Science)
The only Construction Management Master of Science program in New England to be accredited by the American Council for Construction Education (ACCE), Wentworth’s award-winning program will prepare you for an exciting career in construction management. Earn top salary and advance into leadership in one of the fastest-growing industries.
Learn by Doing
Hands-on, experiential learning opportunities will give you the skills and knowledge you need to oversee the planning, design and construction of a building from pre-design to closeout. Learn the fundamentals of project management, business, construction and real estate. And develop essential communication, organizational and problem-solving skills in demand by over 65% of employers. Cap your experience with the opportunity to conduct original research and an optional master’s thesis to help develop practical solutions to real-world challenges.
One of only 5 ACCE-accredited programs in the country--and the only program to receive that distinction in New England—Wentworth’s Master of Science in Construction Management is a recognized leader in its class. In 2020, our program was rated “Best Construction Management Program” for working adults by College Factual, based on a high-quality education and “superior outcomes” for our students.
2019 Construction Management Master of Science Graduates:
- 100% employed full-time
- $65K Median Annual Salary
1. Bowdoin Construction
2. J.C. Higgins
3. Suffolk Construction
4. Turner Construction Company
The Master of Science in Construction Management (MSCM) program at Wentworth Institute of Technology is accredited by the American Council for Construction Education (ACCE).
The goal of ACCE is to promote and improve construction education in colleges and universities. By working together through ACCE, people representative of the total construction community and the public at large, construction educators and constructors, establish and maintain standards and criteria for accreditation, provide guidance to those programs seeking to achieve accredited status, and carry out the accreditation process. For more information visit: ACCE
ACCE accreditation serves the interests of:
- Students: by helping them identify institutions and programs that offer quality education in construction education.
- The construction Industry: by enabling employers to identify persons who have the potential for making lasting contributions to the construction industry and their profession.
- Owners / Users of Constructed Facilities and the Public at Large: by raising the professional caliber of constructors and thus the quality of the construction for which they assume responsibility.
The development of professional skills and knowledge is a central requirement of an ACCE accredited master’s degree program. ACCE requires that all graduates accredited master’s degree programs be able to demonstrate mastery of the following:
- Create effective and professional written communications
- Apply critical thinking.
- Apply problem solving techniques.
- Apply decision making techniques.
- Apply research methods.
- Apply advanced communication technology.
- Apply professional ethics.
- Apply advanced construction management practices.
- Understand risk management.
- Understand the principles of leadership in business.