International Graduate Admissions
Whether studying online or on campus, our international graduate students add a rich cultural diversity to our programs. We welcome students from across the city and around the world and provide resources to help each student thrive during their time with us. To apply, please note the requirements below. The deadline to apply for the spring semester is December 15. The priority application deadline for the fall semester for all full-time master's program is February 15. The regular application deadline for the fall semester is July 15. We encourage all international graduate applicants to apply as early as possible due to the additional documents required.
If you have any questions, please contact a Graduate Admissions counselor or attend an event below!
International Student Virtual Info Session (Virtual): Come learn more about Wentworth and what it is like to be an international student on campus, and get all your admission and visa-related questions answered. Virtual, Wednesday, October 5, 8:30 am - 9:30 am ETD.
How to Apply - International Students
For Engineering, Computing & Data Science Graduate Programs:
- Applied Computer Science
- Cybersecurity Analytics
- Business Analytics
- Data Science
For Architecture & Management Graduate Programs:
- Facility Management
- Project Management
- Construction Management
Statement of Purpose
All applicants are required to submit a statement of purpose as part of their application. The prompts for what to include in the statement are on the first page of the application.
All programs require at least one letter of recommendation from a professor or a supervisor.
*Architecture requires two letters of recommendation
Official transcripts must bear an official signature, in ink, of the appropriate official of your school, such as the registrar or recorder of records. They must also bear the institution's seal. If the institution will not mail the original academic documents to the United States, exact copies, which have been certified as such by the appropriate official of each school attended, may be sent. If the documents are in a language other than English, they must be accompanied by official English translations.
A professional resume is required. Please include all applicable skills, education, and work experience. Applicants are encouraged to include any co-ops or internships.
Wentworth Institute of Technology requires that applicants with coursework or degrees from a non-U.S. university have their transcript evaluated. Students must obtain a professional transcript evaluation from one of the following companies:
Type of transcript evaluation report students should order: Course-by-Course Report
*We recognize that there are some schools that are unable to provide official transcripts at this time. If you have an unofficial copy of your foreign transcript, please use SpanTran for your course-by-course evaluation and transcript verification.
- All applicants for whom English is not a first language must show proof of English proficiency. Please see the English Proficiency Requirements for complete details.
- Please note that official results of the TOEFL must be sent directly to Wentworth through the Educational Testing Service (ETS) or the College Board. Wentworth's school code is 3958. If you choose to take the IELTS exam official results must be sent to the school. Photocopies and scans are not acceptable.
Required Immigration Documents For Form I-20 (For Accepted and Deposited Students Only)
Please submit a copy of your passport biographical page. Please include passport copies for any dependents accompanying you.
Declaration and Certification of Finances
Wentworth is required by the United States Citizenship and Immigration Services to verify the financial resources of students prior to issuing a Certificate of Eligibility (Form I-20). International applicants must complete the Financial Information Form and document their ability to meet all educational and personal expenses for one academic year. While you are required to provide funding documents only for your first year of study, you should develop a financial plan for your entire program of study. Although students are permitted to work on campus during the academic year, they should not expect employment to be a significant means of support while attending Wentworth. Financial assistance is not available to international students.
If dependents will be accompanying you, you must show an additional $10,000 per year for your spouse and $6,000 per year for each child.
The financial information you provide will be included in your SEVIS record and used to certify your eligibility for your F-1 visa. By submitting these documents to Wentworth, you are attesting to the availability of financial resources to fully support your education. Knowingly providing documents that are not genuine, accurate or representative of your financial means may result in your visa being denied.
Types of financial documents we accept:
- Personal or sponsor bank statement or bank letter. Must be in English with names clearly printed, include the total funds available in the account and clearly state the currency. Documents must be dated within the past six months. If your document is not in English, please include an official translation.
- Approved loans: please include confirmation of loan approval and not just the loan application.
- Scholarship letter(s) from government sources or other scholarship-granting agencies, clearly indicating your name, scholarship year or dates, and covered amounts.
- Please submit an affidavit of support if your sponsor is a non-blood relative.
Types of financial documents we do not accept:
- Income tax or salary statements
- Lines of credit from credit cards
- Statement regarding assets that are not available in liquid cash amounts
- Property deeds or rental agreements
- Investment or stock portfolios
If you are currently in the United States on an F-1 Visa
Please complete this SEVIS Transfer-In-Form and give it to your current International Student Advisor to return to Wentworth as soon as possible.
Speak to a Graduate Counselor
We know going back to school is a big decision. You have questions; we have answers. Connect via email, phone or schedule an appointment with one of our counselors.