International Graduate Admissions
Whether studying online or on campus, our international graduate students add a rich cultural diversity to our programs. We welcome students from across the city and around the world and provide resources to help each student thrive during their time with us. To apply, please note the requirements below. The priority application deadline for the fall semester for all full-time master's program is February 15. The regular application deadline for the fall semester is June 1. We encourage all international graduate applicants to apply as early as possible due to the additional documents required.
Have a question, contact a Graduate Admissions counselor. We're here to help.
How to Apply - International Students
Apply online. There is a $50 application fee, with secure server transaction available for credit card payment.
Be sure to answer all questions completely, and submit all supporting documents including English language proficiency, official academic transcripts, and credential evaulation.
Statement of Purpose
All applicants are required to submit a statement of purpose as part of their application. The prompts for what to include in the statement are on the first page of the application.
All programs require at least one letter of recommendation from a professor or a supervisor.
*Architecture requires two letters of recommendation
Official transcripts must bear an official signature, in ink, of the appropriate official of your school, such as the registrar or recorder of records. They must also bear the institution's seal. If the institution will not mail the original academic documents to the United States, exact copies, which have been certified as such by the appropriate official of each school attended, may be sent. If the documents are in a language other than English, they must be accompanied by official English translations.
Wentworth Institute of Technology requires that applicants with coursework or degrees from a non-U.S. university have their transcript evaluated. Students must obtain a professional transcript evaluation from one of the following companies:
- All applicants for whom English is not a first language must show proof of English proficiency. Please see the English Proficiency Requirements for complete details.
- Please note that official results of the TOEFL must be sent directly to Wentworth through the Educational Testing Service (ETS) or the College Board. Wentworth's school code is 3958. If you choose to take the IELTS exam official results must be sent to the school. Photocopies and scans are not acceptable.
Required Immigration Documents For Form I-20 (For Accepted and Deposited Students Only)
A copy of your passport biographical page
Declaration and Certification of Finances
International applicants must complete the Financial Information Form and document their ability to meet all educational and personal expenses. Wentworth is required by the United States Citizenship and Immigration Services to verify the financial resources of students prior to issuing a Certificate of Eligibility (Form I-20). Although students are permitted to work on campus during the academic year, they should not expect employment to be a significant means of support while attending Wentworth Institute of Technology. Financial assistance is not available to international students.
- See Example
- The letter must be in English and be less than 6 months old on bank letterhead
- The letter should show the account balance in both the local currency and USD
- The U.S. Consulate will require the same documentation, we suggest you obtain two (2) original letters, one for your records and one for us. **If you are currently in the United States on an F-1 Visa - Please complete this SEVIS Transfer-In-Form and give it to your current International Student Advisor to return to Wentworth as soon as possible.
If you are currently in the United States on an F-1 Visa
Please complete this SEVIS Transfer-In-Form and give it to your current International Student Advisor to return to Wentworth as soon as possible.
Speak to a Graduate Counselor
We know going back to school is a big decision. You have questions; we have answers. Connect via email, phone or schedule an appointment with one of our counselors.