Skip to main content

Voter Registration Act

The Voter Registration Act (Massachusetts General Laws, Chapter 51, § 42E) requires all independent colleges to make available voter registration forms wherever students register for classes. Massachusetts residents will find such forms in the Registrar’s Office. Out-of-state students who want to vote in their home state must use either a mail-in form supplied by an election official in the home state or the federal mail-in affidavit of voter registration. Federal Mail-In Affidavits may be obtained by from the Massachusetts Elections Division, Room 1705, McCormack Building, One Ashburton Place, Boston, MA 02108; (617) 727-2828 or (800) 462-8683.