Accessibility Services provides support that allows students with disabilities to participate fully in the life of the community. Wentworth subscribes to the policies set forth in the Americans with Disabilities Act Amendments Act of 2008 (ADAAA) and in Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, which mandate equal opportunity in education programs and activities for students with disabilities.
Students with physical, medical, psychiatric, and learning disabilities are eligible to utilize Accessibility Services to arrange for reasonable accommodations and seek ongoing support at any point in their Wentworth career. Students interested in receiving accommodations must:
- Disclose student's disability by completing the Disclosure Form.
- Provide Accessibility Services with appropriate medical, psychological, psychoeducational, or neuropsychological documentation, indicating his/her disability, resultant functional limitations, impact of the disability in a post-secondary environment, and any recommended accommodations.
* Submission of documentation is not the same as the request for services or accommodations.
- Schedule an intake appointment with Accessibility Services to discuss psychiatric/medical/academic history, strengths, previous modifications, and to determine reasonable accommodations.
* After meeting with Disability Services, it is the student's responsibility to meet with professor(s) to discuss logistics of any accommodations.
- Meet with Accessibility Services to request accommodations.
* The deadline to request accommodations is three weeks prior to the last day of classes each semester.
All sessions with Accessibility staff members are free of charge and strictly confidential. No information will be released without the student's permission, except in cases of emergency. Accessibility Counselors are sensitive to issues of age, gender, race, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, citizenship and disabilities.
Information for Accepted Students
Congratulations on your acceptance to Wentworth! All incoming students in need of accommodations can schedule intake appointments starting in May of their enrollment year. In lieu of individual informational meetings, Accessibility Services provides valuable information on this website and the student portal. Our office is also available to answer general questions at Accepted Student Days in the spring, Open Houses in the fall, and via phone at (617) 989-4390.
Voluntary Disclosure of Physical Access Needs Process
Any student with a physical impairment who may have difficulty evacuating a building independently in the event of an emergency is encouraged to complete the Voluntary Disclosure of Physical Access Needs form. In addition to emergency evacuation assistance, a student who requires other physical access accommodations in the academic and/or residential buildings such as seating, elevator access, visual fire alarms, etc. can complete the form.