Food Services Office/Chartwells
Chartwells’s Dining Services provides a complete catering experience for the entire college community. Arrangements may be made for any occasion, from the most formal dinner to a simple coffee service. We want to be certain your event is special and we have designed this page to help you through the planning process.
Money is placed onto the card for use in the cafeteria in Beatty Hall, the convenience store, the Massachusetts College of Art Dining Commons, and the Massachusetts College of Pharmacy and Health Sciences coffee shop. Each time a student purchases a meal, money is deducted. This flexible meal plan means that students must manage their money according to their own eating habits and budget. Check out Dine on Campus for dining locations, hours, and menus.
Students living at Evans Way, Tudbury Hall, or Baker Hall and all first-year students are required to purchase a full board plan which is $1540 per semester. Students living at other on-campus housing must purchase a board plan for either $1540, $795 or $395 per semester.
Balances remaining at the end of the fall semester roll over to the spring semester. There are NO refunds or rollovers at the end of the spring semester.
Students requesting a meal plan waiver due to medical or religious reasons must complete the Meal Plan Waiver Form. For more information, please read the Meal Plan Waiver Policy or see the “WIT Allergy information” page under the Total Health Tab.
Our Catering Guide offers the most popular menu items. Please contact us at 617-989-4079 for any special arrangements or items you may not find included. We look forward to serving you and will make every effort to accommodate your needs.
Preparing Your Order
- Reserve a room for your event prior to calling Dining Services or placing an order. To reserve rooms please enter your request into the SchoolDude system. For external events, please contact Business Services at 617-989-4254.
- We will need an estimated number of guests at the time of order. A guaranteed number is required two working days before the event.
- Serving alcohol? Download a copy of the Alcohol Approval Form (PDF). Please also read Wentworth's Alcohol Policy (PDF).
Placing an Order
- Go to the catering website at least five business days in advance of your event to place your order. If you are a new user, please register.
- Include your payment information. Dining Services will not provide service to any event without payment through cash, credit card, check, or department account number.
Payment and Billing
- Billing is based on the guarantee or actual number of guests, whichever is greater.
- Additional items such as floral arrangements, specialty linen, ice carvings, etc., can be arranged at an additional cost.
- All orders requesting china will have an additional per person charge.
- All food items that require a chafing dish are considered “open flame” events and require waitstaff at an additional charge.
- Payment in full is required at the time of the event for all customers not affiliated with Wentworth.
Event Changes and Cancellations
- Any event changes must occur within three business days. Cancellations must be made 48 hours before your event. You will be responsible for any costs incurred up to the time of cancellation.
- The approved event sheet will serve as the catering invoice and will be charged to your budget through Accounts Payable.