You are here
Food Services Office/Chartwells
Chartwells’s Dining Services provides a complete catering experience for the entire college community. Arrangements may be made for any occasion, from the most formal dinner to a simple coffee service. We want to be certain your event is special and we have designed this page to help you through the planning process.
Money is placed onto the card for use in the cafeteria in Beatty Hall, the convenience store, the Massachusetts College of Art Dining Commons, and the Massachusetts College of Pharmacy and Health Sciences coffee shop. Each time a student purchases a meal, money is deducted. This flexible meal plan means that students must manage their money according to their own eating habits and budget. Check out Dine on Campus for dining locations, hours, and menus.
Students living at Evans Way, Tudbury Hall, or Baker Hall and all first-year students are required to purchase a full board plan which is $1540 per semester. Students living at other on-campus housing must purchase a board plan for either $1540, $795 or $395 per semester.
Balances remaining at the end of the fall semester roll over to the spring semester. There are NO refunds or rollovers at the end of the spring semester.
Students requesting a meal plan waiver due to medical or religious reasons must complete the Meal Plan Waiver Form. For more information, please read the Meal Plan Waiver Policy or see the WIT Allergy information.
Our Catering Guide offers the most popular menu items. Please contact us at 617-989-4079 for any special arrangements or items you may not find included. We look forward to serving you and will make every effort to accommodate your needs.
To ensure optimal selection and the best possible service, we ask that events be booked following these guidelines:
- 3 business days minimum for breakfast & breaks
- 5 business days for lunch & dinner/evening events
- 10 business days minimum for events with more than 50 guests, weekend, high profile, or customized events
- 5 business days for Custom Cakes
- 5 business days for Linen
- 30 business days for a Grill Permit
- 30 business days minimum for a Liquor License [Please see Wentworth's Alcohol Policy (PDF)]
Preparing Your Order
- Reserve a room for your event prior to calling Dining Services or placing an order. To reserve rooms please enter your request into the SchoolDude system. For external events, please contact Business Services at 617-989-4254.
- Please have the room available and furniture arranged no less than 1 hour prior to your event. Also note that Chartwells does not provide tables or seating for events.
- We kindly request a confirmed number of guests 3 business days prior to your event OR 5 business days for events with more than 50 guests and/or for high-profile or customized events. This number is considered the guaranteed guest count and may not be reduced without being subject to unrecoverable cost fees.
- Serving alcohol? Download a copy of the Alcohol Approval Form (PDF). Please also read Wentworth's Alcohol Policy (PDF).
Placing an Order
- Go to the catering website at least 5 business days in advance of your event to place your order. If you are a new user, please register.
- Include your payment information. Dining Services will not provide service to any event without payment through cash, credit card, check, or department account number.
Payment and Billing
- Billing is based on the guarantee or actual number of guests, whichever is greater.
- Additional items such as floral arrangements, specialty linen, ice carvings, etc., can be arranged at an additional cost.
- All orders requesting china will have an additional per person charge.
- All food items that require a chafing dish are considered “open flame” events and require waitstaff at an additional charge.
- Payment in full is required at the time of the event for all customers not affiliated with Wentworth.
- Members of the MCA/MCPHS/WIT community are exempt from a 7% meal tax. All outside groups may be subject to service and meal tax charges.
Event Changes and Cancellations
- All changes to existing catering orders should be made by submitting a Change Request via CaterTrax. For changes made within 72 hours of an event, please call the Catering Office in addition to sending a Change Request to ensure your change is accommodated.
- Cancellations made 2 full business days prior to the contracted event date will not incur cancellation fees with the exception of licensing fees or unrecoverable costs incurred while preparing for the event. You will be responsible for any costs incurred up to the time of cancellation.
- The approved event sheet will serve as the catering invoice and will be charged to your budget through Accounts Payable.
Labor is required for any event which falls into one of the following categories: events with over 50 guests, events taking place outside of posted catering hours, events using china, events requiring an attendant or chef. There will be a charge of $26 per hour per catering associate, with a minimum of 4 hours per associate.
Special Diets and Health Policies
Special diets are accommodated upon request. We kindly request your needs be submitted with your guaranteed guest count. Certain items may require more advanced notice.
For the safety and well-being of our clients and guests, food and beverages are not permitted to leave the premises of a catered event. No outside food or beverage is allowed at a Chartwells catered event. Due to health and sanitation regulations, food may not remain out for more than 4 hours.
Disclaimer: While Chartwells Catering does its best to accomodate your needs, please be advised that they cannot guarantee any event that falls outside of these guidelines.