You are here
Student Posting and Advertising Policy
Registered student organizations in good standing are permitted to post and advertise on campus or property owned, rented, leased or controlled by Wentworth (“Wentworth”). Only approved posters, table tents, A-frames and white boards located in the ground floor of the Flanagan Campus Center are allowed. Leaflets and chalking are prohibited.
Two types of posting and advertising are allowed:
Events & Services
Events and/or services that provide educational, social, entertainment, recreational, volunteer or employment opportunities for Wentworth students and that are not in violation of any policy in the Student Code of Conduct or local, state or federal laws or regulations.
Educational information that is directly related to the mission of a registered student organization, supports the Institute’s mission and Leopard’s Oath, and are not in violation of any policy in the Student Code of Conduct or local, state or federal laws or regulations.
Requirements and Approval Process
- Advertised events, services, and educational information cannot be in violation of policies outlined in the Student Code of Conduct.
- Posters, table tents and A-frames must be approved and stamped by the Center for Student Engagement or the Office of Housing and Residential Life prior to posting. All posters and table tents and content for A-frames will be stamped in the Center for Student Engagement office or OHRL during open hours.
- Posters and table tents will have the following information: who, what, where, when, disability accommodation information (if applicable), and a specific contact (email, phone number etc.) to reach out to with questions about the poster's content. We will not post fliers without a specific contact visible on the flier.
- Only one poster per bulletin board and one table tent per table. 8.5x11 posters may be posted for no longer than 4 weeks or until 48 hours after the event, whichever is sooner. 11x17 posters or larger and table tents may be posted for no longer than 2 weeks or until 48 hours after the event, whichever is sooner.
- A-frames will be used to advertise events only and is restricted to 48 hours prior to event.
- The quantity of A-frames is limited and therefore each request will be reviewed to see if it can be accommodated based on the entire calendar of campus events. A-frames will be removed by Physical Plant immediately following the event. Physical Plant has the authority to change requested locations for A-frames (i.e. space restrictions, safety issues, construction, foot traffic).
- White board advertising is limited to ground floor of the Flanagan Campus Center and must follow the content requirements for posters and table tents. White boards are erased nightly and messages might be removed during the day by others using the boards.
- Only dry-erase markers may be used on the white boards.
- Posters, table tents and content on A-frames will not be approved if they include: profanity, non-educational references to drugs or alcohol, derogatory/discriminatory text or images, nudity or firearms. No such information may be written onto the white boards.
- Only the Center for Student Engagement is permitted to approve and post posters for non-Wentworth events or opportunities (e.g. concerts, museums, volunteer opportunities, employment).
A maximum of 30 posters are approved for academic buildings.
Posters are permitted on approved bulletin boards only in: Annex Buildings, Beatty Hall/Flanagan, Dobbs Hall, Ira Allen Hall, Kingman Hall, Rubenstein Hall, Watson Hall, Wentworth Hall and Wilson Hall. No table tents or A-frames are allowed.
Posters must be approved and stamped by the Office of Housing and Residential Life no later than three days prior to the intended posting date.
Number of posters needed per hall:
- Baker Hall - 15 copies
- Evans Way/Tudbury Hall - 15 copies
- Apartments - 10 copies
- 610 Huntington Avenue - 10 copies
- 555 Huntington Avenue - 8 copies
Only professional or student staff of Center for Student Engagement and Office of Housing and Residential Life or designee are permitted to post and remove posters.
No table tents or A-frames are allowed.
Open Space Areas
Posters must not be affixed to the outside of any building or surfaces (including but not limited to, field surfaces, parking lots, garages, vehicles, call boxes, doors, bathrooms, elevators, windows, classrooms) on campus or on property controlled by Wentworth.
Leafletting and Chalking
Leafletting (placing any written notice whether a flyer, poster, decal, button, or gimmick giveaway) on cars, buildings, rooms/offices, common spaces, bathrooms, hallways, outdoor spaces) and chalking on any walkway, parking lot, building or surface, owned, rented, leased or controlled by Wentworth is strictly prohibited.
Violations of this policy may result in loss of posting privileges, consequences for club recognition and funding, disciplinary charges, and/or criminal charges.
Updated September 28, 2017. This policy supersedes any prior policy.