Massachusetts state law requires that all students who are enrolled for nine or more credit hours per semester (or registered for Co-op) be covered by the Wentworth student health insurance plan OR a health insurance plan with comparable coverage.
For information about the health services provided to students on campus please visit our Health Services page.
Wentworth Student Health Insurance Plan (SHIP)
- A Student Health Insurance Plan (SHIP) is available through Wentworth. The plan offers exceptional coverage at an outstanding value compared to most options available to students and provides reasonable premium rates for dependents. The SHIP is underwritten by Harvard Pilgrim Health Care Insurance Company and administered by United HealthCare Student Resources
- Coverage for the 2021-2022 Wentworth health insurance plan starts on August 28, 2021 and ends on August 27, 2022
- The Health Insurance Waiver as well as coverage details including costs, benefits, exclusions, and any reductions or limitations, will all be available starting June 16th, 2021
- All students who are enrolled for nine or more credit hours per semester (or registered for Co-op) will automatically be billed for the student insurance plan
- Wentworth requires International students to be enrolled in the college plan (SHIP)
Waiving the Wentworth SHIP (Opt-Out)
- Students who are covered by an alternate plan that offers comparable coverage are eligible to waive (opt out of) the Wentworth plan by completing an online health insurance waiver form.
- To waive the Wentworth health insurance, visit the waiver link.
- The waiver must be completed by the fall bill due date, July 28, 2021
- Students must either enroll in the SHIP or complete the online waiver by the bill due date for the term in which the charge is applied. Once the waiver is completed, a credit will be added to the student's E-Bill to offset the charge
- The health insurance waiver is required to be completed every academic year. Failure to complete the online waiver by the bill due date will result in a mandated health insurance charge. Students will then be responsible for paying any outstanding balance in full
- MassHealth Limited, Health Safety Net, and Children's Medical Security Plans do not provide coverage that meets the Massachusetts state requirements for student health insurance. Students who use these types of plans to fill out the health insurance waiver will be denied
- Out-of-state Medicaid programs are also not accepted
Please direct questions regarding the billing process to the Student Accounts (Billing) Office at email@example.com.