Prospective Industry Corps Participants
The Industry Corps Application is closed for 2023.
Please stay tuned for the 2024 Application in the Spring!
Interested in applying to Industry Corps?
Please visit our website in Spring 2024 for the next application cycle!
Industry Corps Pathways
Industry Corps is currently offering two learn-and-earn, career pathways:
- Construction Management
- Data Analytics and Information Technology
- Turn 18 years of age by November 1st of their first semester.
- Be authorized to work in the United States and able to verify their authorization.
- Have graduated from high school in the last 10 years and able to verify their graduation.
- Not hold a degree higher than an associate's degree from another institution.
Acceptance into this program is on a rolling basis. Spaces are limited each academic year, so those who are interested are encouraged to apply when the application becomes available. All applicants must meet the minimum qualifications and complete all admissions criteria below to be considered for Industry Corps.
Level 1: Application
Applicants must complete an online application to be considered for enrollment.*
*If you do not meet the minimum qualifications listed above, your application will not be considered.
Level 2: Interview
Following the completion of Level 1 and meeting the Minimum Qualifications above, applicants will be contacted by program staff and scheduled for a group interview with our Industry Corps Admissions Committee.
Following the Interview, applicants will be asked to provide additional documentation, including but not limited to:
- Letter of support
- Final high school transcript (or mid-year transcript, if student has not yet graduated)
These documents are required and must be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org by the date requested.
As noted above, decisions of acceptance into the program or denial are on a rolling basis. All prospective students will be notified of the Committee's decision within two weeks of their scheduled group interview.
Level 3: Matriculation
All accepted students must meet the following requirements in order to matriculate into Industry Corps and be enrolled for classes in the Fall:
- Accepted students must complete the Mathematics Placement exam, administered by Wentworth. Wentworth will provide a link to the online exam.
- Accepted students must submit their final high school transcript (if not already submitted).
Benefits to Participants
Accepted students will receive a full scholarship to cover the cost of their program expenses (value of nearly $45,000 over the duration of the program). They will receive direct exposure to the construction or technology industry, build a foundational understanding of practices and methods through classroom and on-the-job experiences, and gain access to entry level positions in these industries. Participants can earn an educational stipend during their first semester, in addition to the following benefits:
- Earn College Credits: Up to eight (8) credit-bearing, college courses as outlined in the Construction or Technology Pathways, tuition-free!
- Become a Wentworth Student: As an Industry Corps participant, you will have access to campus resources, facilities, and activities, like tutoring services, dining halls, Health and Wellness, Fitness Center, student clubs and organizations, to name a few.
- Gain Workforce Training Skills: As part of your first semester in Industry Corps, you will also participate in 16-hours a week of Foundations of Work, a weekly series of workshops focused on workforce training activities like job shadowing, professional communication, site visits, resume building, interview prep, and career exploration activities.
- Job Credentials Earned: Chance to earn sub-degree credentials that will position you with the best opportunity to succeed in construction- and computer-based industries.
- Industry Internships: Opportunity to be selected for paid, part-time on-the-job experiences starting second semester in Industry Corps.*
* Subject to Industry Corps' Student Agreement, Attendance Policies, and Wentworth's Academic Policies and Procedures
Industry Corps Enrollment Timeline 2023
Application Open for Fall 2023 Cohort!
Program Application Closed
Start of 2023-2024 Academic Year