Immediate Help for Sexual Misconduct or Harassment
If you believe you or someone you know has been impacted by sexual misconduct or harassment, you are urged to immediately notify the police and/or seek medical attention.
- Wentworth Public Safety Emergency: (617) 989-4444
- Boston Police Emergency: 911
- Sexual Assault Unit: (617) 343-0044
Confidential Health and Safety
You may seek medical care without reporting the crime to the police. Go to the hospital emergency room for treatment of injuries, prevention of sexually transmitted diseases and pregnancy, and crisis intervention and emotional support services. Physical evidence for medical/legal services can also be collected at this time. Evidence can be collected within 5 days of the assault.
Beth Israel Hospital Rape Crisis Intervention Program (SANE Hospital): (617)-667-8141
SANE (Sexual Assault Nurse Examiner)-certified nurses are specifically trained to perform exams and collect forensic evidence from sexual assault survivors. You can seek medical care whether or not you report the assault to the police. You may receive free care and do not have to use your insurance.
For follow-up medical services:
- Campus Health Services: (617) 879-5220
Counseling and Emotional Support
- Massachusetts Safelink – 24 hour domestic violence hotline: (877) 841-8371
- GLBTQ Domestic Violence Project – 24 hour hotline: (800) 832-1901
- Wentworth Center for Wellness: (617) 989-4390
- Boston Area Rape Crisis Hotline: (800) 841-8371