Military Educational Benefits

Benefits and Information:

Delayed VA Payments

Under S2248 PL 115-407 Section 103, Wentworth Institute of Technology will not impose a late fee, denial of access to facilities, or other penalty against a veteran or eligible dependent due to a late payment of tuition and/or fees from the VA up to the certified benefits amount.  Any portion of the student bill not covered by VA benefits is still expected to be settled by the due date.


New Student Process for Receiving GI Bill® Benefits:

Military-Connected Students will work with the Office of Military-Connected Services to complete the following steps:

  •  Obtain your DD-214/Separation papers (if applicable)
  • Apply for benefits through the VA (If you have not already done sone
    • Once approved, the VA will send you a Certificate of Eligibility (COE)
    • You can also find your COE through your eBenefits account
  • Send COE and DD-214 to and include:
    • Full name
    • Wentworth ID number
    • Major

Current Students Process for Receiving GI Bill® Benefits:

  •  Students should report their desire to be certified each semester. Email:
    • Full name
    • Wentworth ID number
    • Major
    • Number of credits being taken during the upcoming semester
    • Change of major or program (if applicable)
    • Change of education benefit types (if applicable)

*Some students choose to be certified while on Co-op. Since there is no tuition charge they may opt to save their benefit months for semesters when they attend full time.

Note: GI Bill® is a registered trademark of the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs (VA). More information about education benefits offered by VA is available at the official U.S. government Web site.


Wentworth's Veterans' Organization (WIT-VET)