Admissions Office Coronavirus Information
Wentworth Institute of Technology is closely monitoring the spread of 2019 Novel Coronavirus (COVID-19) and following the lead of public health officials to do everything possible to keep our community safe and healthy. (You can view Wentworth’s Coronavirus Information page here).
Wentworth is a community of care and we are here to support you. Below you’ll find answers to some of the questions and concerns you might have, which include the measures we are taking to allow for flexibility on requirements, deadlines, and more. We hope this helps alleviate some of the stress and worries as you continue through your college exploration and decision process.
Have other questions? We invite you to connect with us! Your personal Wentworth admissions counselor is available to answer any questions. You can find their direct contact information here or call 617-989-4000.
On Campus Visits & Events
Is Wentworth still open?
- While Wentworth has transitioned to strictly online learning, and most faculty and staff are working from home, the campus itself remains open for essential personnel.
Can I still come visit campus?
- Beginning on Wednesday, March 11, 2020 and effective until Thursday, April 30, 2020, to limit the opportunity for virus transmission, Wentworth is suspending all on-campus events. This includes:
- Campus Tours
- Group Tours
- Information Sessions
- Shadow Days
- Transfer Tuesdays
- As for Accepted Student Days and Graduate Open House, we launched our Virtual Accepted Student Day Experience as of Wednesday, April 1, 2020. The Office of Admissions sent out e-mail and text communication to accepted students and parents, as well as social media posts. If you have not registered yet, please visit our registration page to get the link to our Virtual Accepted Student Day experience.
While we are currently unavailable for walk-in meetings, please don’t hesitate to reach out directly to your personal Wentworth admissions counselor if you would like to schedule meeting via call or video chat.
Important Information for Accepted Students
I was signed up for one of the Accepted Student Days, will those still be happening?
- The in-person portion of the event has been suspended. However, we launched our Virtual Accepted Student Day Experience as of Wednesday, April 1, 2020. The Office of Admissions sent out e-mail and text communication to accepted students and parents, as well as social media posts. If you have not registered yet, please visit our registration page to get the link to our Virtual Accepted Student Day experience.
I have specific questions about financial aid or my financial aid package – how do I get in touch with Student Services?
- Please connect with your personal Wentworth financial aid counselor, who can answer your questions and concerns. You can also contact the Student Service center at 617-989-4020.
Due to the impact of the COVID-19 outbreak, my family or I need more financial assistance, what options do I have?
- Wentworth is committed to helping those most affected by this crisis, so please reach out to your admissions counselor if you would like more information as to how we can help. Please also note that if your family’s financial situation has changed dramatically (i.e. loss of job, death of parent, etc.), you may be eligible to complete a Special Circumstances appeal through the Financial Aid office. Please reach out to your personal Wentworth financial aid counselor for more information about that process.
Do I still have to make my decision by the May 1st National College Decision Day?
- As of Friday, March 20, 2020, Wentworth has not yet extended its deposit deadline. However, if you are concerned about making your decision by the May 1st National College Decision Day, please reach out to your personal Wentworth admissions counselor for more information.
Is Wentworth still accepting applications?
- Yes! We are accepting and reviewing new applications and are committed to getting you an admission and scholarship decision within three weeks.
Because of school closures, I now can’t get my official transcripts.
- If you are unable to obtain your official transcripts, we will accept self-reported GPAs OR unofficial transcripts for the admission review. If you enroll at Wentworth in the fall, we will need an official transcript prior to the start of classes.
Because of school closures, I won’t be able to get a teacher recommendation.
- We can waive your letter of recommendation if needed. Please contact your personal Wentworth admissions counselor to let them know.
The SAT/ACT I was planning on taking has been canceled.
- Wentworth is test-optional. If you can’t take your SAT or ACT test this spring it won’t hinder your ability to apply now or in the future.