You are here
Junior Technical Support Specialist Job Description
Roles and Responsibilities:
The Junior Technical Support Specialist will assist the assist staff at the front counter in providing quality customer service under direct supervision of the Manager of User Services in various assignments related to the function of the Help Desk and will be responsible for the following duties:
- Provide friendly and helpful customer service as first point of contact.
- Assist Help Desk customers with troubleshooting of computer related issues such as virus removal/password resets/email setup/software installs.
- Maintain accurate records of completed and pending jobs using the DTS ticketing system.
- Follow DTS policies and procedures to include incident/problem escalation.
- Provide superior customer service to all Help desk patrons, support personnel, and fellow employees.
- Demonstrate good social skills in a professional environment.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- Must be a Wentworth student currently eligible for employment
- Must have a desire to develop interpersonal and technical skills
- Must be able to follow verbal and written directions
- Must be able to follow directions and work within a team environment
- Should possess some basic knowledge of computer/printer anatomy and operations
The Junior Technical Support Specialist candidate must be a skilled communicator with excellent customer service skills. Exceptional writing and reading skills are required to provide appropriate customer support. The candidate will be required to follow department policies and procedures in supporting the Help desk walk-in and call-in traffic.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Must regularly lift and carry small packages of up to 10 pounds.
- May occasionally lift and carry boxes of supplies and/or equipment weighing up to 35 pounds and carry to other locations within the office
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.