You are here
Junior Technology Services Marketing and Communications Specialist Job Description
Purpose of Jobs, Duties and Responsibilities:
The Junior Technology Services Marketing and Communications Specialist will assist with developing communications and marketing plans to keep the Wentworth community informed of scheduled maintenance, new services, and upcoming events. A strong candidate would possess graphic design skills and an attention to detail. The position will be under direct supervision of the Director of Technical Services in various assignments related to the following duties:
- Draft campus announcements for upcoming system scheduled maintenance.
- Develop communications plans and content for Technology Services’ projects.
- Promote new or underutilized services by creation of marketing plan and content for those services.
- Create digital signage content for all associated projects/needs.
- Develop, review, and update training and support documentation.
- Demonstrate good social skills in a professional environment.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. The Junior Technology Services Marketing and Communications Specialist candidate must be a skilled communicator with excellent organization and time management skills. Exceptional writing and reading skills are required to develop marketing and communications plans. The candidate will be required to follow department policies and procedures.
- Must be a Wentworth student currently eligible for employment
- Must have a desire to develop interpersonal, technical, and communication skills
- Must be able to follow verbal and written directions
- Must be able to follow directions, work independently, and within a team environment
- Should possess some basic knowledge of technology, communications, and graphic design
Supervisor and Contact Information
Justin Benson, Beatty 320
Federal Work-Study, Leopard Work Program, or both