You are here
Sample screen from new version of LConnect
What we're doing
Upgrading the LConnect portal to a new version which will improve navigation and add additional features. The new layout better highlights your role at Wentworth - meaning students see course information, faculty see courses they are teaching, and staff see the systems they use with less clicks.
- Visually enhance design so finding relevant content is easier
- Refresh content to show only current and essential information
- Utilize new methods of quickly displaying data
- Replace software which is no longer supportable
- Gather community feedback - COMPLETE
- Technical configuration - COMPLETE
- Validate content and engage pilot user group - In Progress
- Awareness campaign - In Progress
- New LConnect preview available - COMPLETE
- Old LConnect retired - To Be Determined
Frequently Asked Questions
How can I access the new LConnect?
Once launched, it will have the same web address - lconnect.wit.edu. No action is required by you to upgrade.
Why are we upgrading?
- The technology behind the old version has become outdated. The upgrade will offer new features and accessibility improvements.
Why does the "MyWIT" section look different than someone else's?
- Faculty, Staff, and Students will see different content on this section that are most applicable to their relationship to Wentworth.
I am both a staff member and a student. What happens?
- You will see content related to both relationships.
Am I able to access the old version?
- Yes, for a limited amount of time the old version will be accessible by clicking the "Old LConnect" button once you log in.
Where did the groups function go?
- Groups is no longer supported inside of LConnect. Instead, we recommend using Office 365 Groups.
Have another question?
Contact the Tech Spot at firstname.lastname@example.org, via twitter @DTSatWIT, or call 617-989-4500.