Laptop Program: Juniors and 5th Year BELM 2018
Students that began courses at Wentworth prior to the Fall 2015 semester may be eligible for a new laptop in exchange for their originally issued laptop - often referred to as "laptop refresh." Beginning in the Fall 2015 semester Wentworth transitioned to one laptop for a student’s entire academic career. The Tech Spot along with each academic department selected laptops designed to withstand the rigors of study for a typical matriculation. If you matriculated during or after the Fall 2015 semester, you are not eligible for a laptop refresh.
Preparing to refresh your laptop:
- Back up your data! Technology Services will not be able to assist you in backing up your data on the day of the refresh. We recommend using Office 365 OneDrive to store your files. The laptop you are returning will be reimaged and your data files will be irretrievable.
- Do not attempt to remove any stickers you may have placed on your laptop.
- It is recommended that students visit the Tech Spot well BEFORE laptop refresh day to have their laptop inspected if they feel that they may be subject to charges on laptop refresh day.
- Minor dents and scratches - No Charge
- Stickers - No Charge - Please do NOT attempt to remove any stickers from the laptop
- Missing battery - up to $150
- Missing AC Adapter - up to $100
- Cracked LCD Display – up to $250
- Case Damage (causing the machine or a component to be inoperable) – varies, up to $250
- Case Damage (not necessarily causing the machine or a component to be inoperable) - varies, up to $250 depending on the specific laptop component
On day of the refresh:
- You must have your Wentworth student identification card. We cannot issue you a laptop using any other identification.
- Your student account must have no holds. You can check your account status in LeopardWeb.
- You must accept and electronically sign the Laptop Program Student User Agreement.
- Your old Wentworth issued laptop to return.
We're here to help! Contact the Wentworth Laptop Program.