Office 365 OneDrive
OneDrive - Wentworth Institute of Technology is the location where you should store all of your personal files.
What is OneDrive?
Part of the Office 365 suite, OneDrive is cloud-connected file storage. It's accessible from all of your devices both on-campus and off and keeps files safely backed up in case your computer is lost or replaced.
Top 5 reasons to use OneDrive
- Access your files on or off campus without the need to "VPN"
- Easily share your files with others, selecting if they can view or edit
- Keep your work safe - you won't lose files if your computer is lost or replaced
- Revise a shared copy and avoid sending email attachments with new versions
- Save and retrieve your recent files on Office Apps from any device
The quickest way to learn more about any part of Office 365 is our online resources. You'll find a few of them below. We also conduct periodic awareness sessions in a casual "lunch and learn" environment.
- Microsoft Office 365 Training Center for OneDrive
- OneDrive Essential Training from our Lynda.com Subscription (Wentworth Login Required)
- Installing OneDrive Sync for Windows
- Installing OneDrive Sync for Mac
- Sharing Files and Folders with Office 365
What about my department's shared files or "I drive"?
We'll be working with each department in the coming months on what strategy will be best. For now, these sessions are focused on personal files and those shared with only a few people.