Three phases of summer program:
Observation: Observation initiates an intensive investigation and experience of site. Working together, participants measure, map and document the site.
Analysis: Participants learn model-making techniques and full-scale prototyping. During this phase participants are introduced and trained to use fabrication facilities and to a variety of materials at one to one scale.
Build: Working together and with the fabrication coordinator, participants learn the skills involved with the production and realization of a design idea into built form. This phase concludes with final installation of the built work on site, and a celebration with faculty and community partners will conclude the workshop.
Learning Objectives and Benefits
What does a participant gain from this program?
- visualization skills needed to express ideas, resulting in valuable portfolio material,
- insight into the profession of architecture through exposure to working professionals,
- benefits of a collaborative studio environment,
- Experience how ideas become realized at full scale.
- College level credits will be offered for successful completion
- a one-time, $2,000 tuition scholarship upon enrolling as a first-time participant in Wentworth’s Bachelor of Science in architecture program
- Working with Wentworth professors and graduate students
- The 4 week program runs from July 15, 2019 to August 9, 2019.
- Participants will be expected to check in to the residence halls for the start of the program between 7:00 p.m. and 8:00 p.m. on Sunday July 14, 2019.
- Participants will check out of the residence hall between 5:00 p.m. and 6:00 p.m. on Saturday, August 9, 2019.
- The program is a full day program with coursework and meetings beginning at 9:00 a.m. and ending at 5:00 p.m.
- A final presentation and closing celebration will occur on August 9th.