Study Abroad Student Resources
Apply to Study Abroad
Due to the rigors of studying abroad, to be eligible to apply, you must be a student in good academic standing with at least a 3.0 GPA. To begin the application process please visit the College of Fenway Global Education Opportunities Center website.
The Fulbright U.S. Student Program provides grants for individually designed study/research projects or for English Teaching Assistant Programs in over 140 countries. During their grants, Fulbrighters will meet, work, live with and learn from the people of the host country, sharing daily experiences and promoting mutual understanding. For more information about this program, please visit: https://us.fulbrightonline.org/ and reach out to the Fulbright Program Advisor, Rebecca Bacon, firstname.lastname@example.org
Begin planning and applying about one year in advance (will differ slightly upon the actual program). Applications for the Fall semester are due by March 15. Applications for the Spring Semester are due by October 15.
Processes for the types of programs:
- Faculty-Led Programs
- Semester Exchange Programs
- Outside Party Provider Programs
- Fill out application on COF website and provide required paperwork (i.e. passport, visa, international health insurance and phone plan).
- Work with your Department, Advisor and the Registrar for class and credit approval.
- Work with the Financial Aid Office and the Office of Student Affairs for payment and housing.
- Attend all mandatory orientations.
Basic What to Bring
- Photo copies of your passport
- Printed section of the Emergency Action Plan
- International Phone
- Clothes, money, etc. necessary for duration of your trip
- This will vary depending on your destination. Please check in with your group leader for advice
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
Emergency Action Plan (EAP)
- Make sure to attend all mandatory orientations and information sessions
- Carefully read all emails sent by faculty and/or group leaders
- These will include important information like your Emergency Action Plan. You will need to print out sections of this and keep them on your person at all times.