Studio Culture Policy
Our current Studio Culture Policy is based on four complementary aspects addressing the different elements and the types of relationships within the studio:
Studio Space and Time, Working Environment, and Time Management.
The first goal of the Studio Culture Policy is to facilitate and guarantee the resources for developing:
- A flexible space for a variety of studio activities.
- A productive working atmosphere.
- Studio services, facilities, and equipment to develop studio work.
- An environment encouraging positive social and personal behavior.
- A balance of work schedules and the development of time management skills.
Student Privacy and Student-to-Student Relationships within the Studio.
The second goal of Wentworth Studio Culture Policy is to foster an environment to develop:
- Student individuality and privacy.
- Opportunities for personal growth, self-cultivation, and individual learning.
- Opportunities to cultivate natural integration among students of diverse backgrounds, experiences, and outlooks.
- Teamwork and opportunities for collaboration between students of various academic levels.
- Informal activities in collaboration with student clubs.
- Student connections with other architectural schools in the region and beyond.
Student/Faculty and Students/Staff Relationships within the Studio.
The third goal is to continue improving the relationship between different members of the academic community through:
- Mutual engagement in the learning process.
- Implementation of diverse methods of teaching and learning.
- The application of an open range of critical methods.
- Continuously revising the student evaluation system.
- More studio emphasis on the process and less on the final product.
- Midterm student surveys to evaluate the semester in process.
Student/Community Relationship within the Studio.
The fourth goal is to define the different types of communities that surround the studio and to continue taking advantage of our academic and civic engagement in:
- Maintaining our relationship with other schools of architecture in the Boston area.
- Developing interdisciplinary projects with other departments at Wentworth and other members of the Colleges of the Fenway.
- Enhancing our relationship with the professional community.
- Partnering with a variety local neighborhood organizations to provide service while fulfilling academic requirements.
- Taking advantage of our location in Boston and around the world.