1. When do lockers become available? Lockers become available on the first day of class during the Fall semester at the Wentworth Info Hub Desk located in the ground floor of Beatty Hall. The Info Hub opens at 6am on weekdays.
2. Who can get a locker? Only undergraduate commuter students may sign up for a locker.
3. How do I sign up for a locker? You must request a locker at the Info Hub Desk. You will be asked to fill out a lease and show WIT ID to confirm your commuter status.
4. How much do lockers cost? Lockers are free for all commuter students with valid WIT ID.
5. I want a locker in a specific location. Is this possible? Yes, but lockers are available on a first-come, first-served basis. Arrive on campus early to ensure you receive your first choice of location.
6. How long do I get to keep my locker? One academic year (Fall-Summer). Your locker lasts for the full academic year (September-August). The exact dates are on the Locker Lease you signed upon registering for the locker.
7. Do I need to renew my locker every semester? No. Once you register for a locker, you are able to keep that locker throughout the lease terms which always end in mid-August. For example, if you registered for a locker in September, you are able to keep that locker (without sending a renewal statement) until August.
8. I want to make sure I keep the same locker next year. How and when do I renew it? Locker renewal emails are sent out every July and August reminding you to do one of the following: 1) Fill out a Locker Renewal Form online to keep your current locker or turn in a locker you no longer wish to use. A lack of response gives Commuter Student Programs permission to reclaim and re-distribute your locker to another student.
9. I forgot my locker combination. How may I obtain it? You may contact Rebecca Ryan at firstname.lastname@example.org to request your locker combination, locker number, or location. We recommend keeping your locker information stored safely in your email or phone for reference.
10. My locker has been damaged or broken. Contact Public Safety at 617-989-4444 if any suspicious activity occurs including a broken lock, missing lock, or damaged locker. To ensure your locker is secure, make sure to close the lock and turn the dial a few times and check it before leaving.
11. I'm not sure how to use the combination lock. Please help. To open a combination lock you will need to turn the dial to the right 3 full turns to clear the lock. After you turn the dial 3x to the right, stop on the first number in your locker combination. Turn the dial to the left one full turn and then continue turning the dial to the left to the second number in your combination. Turn the dial directly to the third number in the combination. Check out a video here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kmx4WCAj77A.
Choosing a Locker Location
Consider the following when choosing a locker location:
- Where are most of your classes?
- What times will you need to access your locker (only weekdays, weekends, later in the evening)? Some academic buildings close when classes are not in session so access is limited in the late evening and on weekends ( Rubenstein and Watson halls). For lockers with late night and full weekend access, you should consider Annex or Beatty.
- Where do you plan on spending the most time?
- How are you commuting to campus (car/train/etc) and which locker location will be on your way to campus or on your way home.
Locker Overview and Lease Agreement
All commuter and off-campus students are eligible for a locker. Residential students may not sign up for a locker. You must have your WIT ID to obtain a locker and confirm your commuter status. Once registered, commuters will receive a combination to their locker and a contract with a list of the following policies:
- Lockers are the property of Wentworth Institute of Technology.
- You must use the lock issued to you by Commuter Student Programs at all times. Personal locks are not permitted.
- You must contact Commuter Student Programs and vacate the locker prior to transferring, graduating, or when the locker is no longer of use to you. Occupying the locker during co-op, however, is permitted.
- Please reference the Student Code of Conduct for a list of items that not permitted on campus.
- You must be the sole occupant of the locker. Please do not share the locker or the combination with anyone else.
- Please pay attention to posted signage on or around the lockers for any updates or issues with locker assignments.
- Wentworth Institute of Technology is not responsible for any lost, damaged, or stolen items from your locker. If something is taken from your locker, contact Public Safety. Please use at your own risk.
Failure to comply with the above mentioned policies may result in disciplinary action. Lockers are available in Rubenstein, Annex, Flanagan Campus Center (Beatty), and Watson. Gymnasium lockers are not available through the Office of Commuter Student Programs.
Should you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact email@example.com or by phone at (617)989-4890.