Student Alumni Society
Who We Are:
Student Alumni Society (SAS) is a student leadership organization that works with the Wentworth Alumni Association (WAA) and the Office of Alumni and Constituent Relations (OACR) to promote, develop and encourage the development of positive, long-lasting relations among students and alumni of Wentworth Institute of Technology.
Members serve as ambassadors to our community through a wide range of events and programs hosted by the OACR and Institutional Advancement (IA).
- Network with alumni and friends of Wentworth that lead to exciting and beneficial opportunities:
- Volunteer and network at OACR/WAA/IA events.
- Develop and execute SAS events that have an onus on alumni engagement, career development and Wentworth pride
- Cultivate relationships between students and alumni through networking opportunities
- Promote Wentworth pride and tradition on campus
- Participate in career development
Essential Job Functions
- Develop an expanded knowledge of, and interest in, Wentworth
- Represent the Institute at various events, on and off campus
- Assume additional tasks/responsibilities as needed (i.e. assisting with special projects as they arise)
- Promote Wentworth’s academic program, services and student activities
- Appear in the Institute’s promotional materials
- Be able to staff 1-3 events per semester and Black & Gold Reunion Weekend
- Be active in campus groups or initiatives
- Have a positive attitude about Wentworth
- Be in good academic standing, adhering to the standards set by the Registrar and the Dean of Students
- Leadership experience or a demonstrated potential for leadership ability
- Public speaking and excellent communication skills in one-on-one and group settings
- Administrative skills
- Dependability and maturity, able to see tasks through to completion
- Attention to detail
- Some knowledge of Wentworth programs and services (to be enhanced in training)
- Organizational and time-management skills
- Willingness to work with a variety of people and answer their questions
- Possess personal kindness, respect for diversity
- Possess the ability to listen, problem-solve, and react quickly
- Be able to be a team player, as well as work independently
This position is voluntary
Apparel item with the SAS logo
Each Student Alumni Society member will receive a note of authenticity from the President of the Institute and a recommendation on LinkedIn from the Executive Director of Alumni and Constituent Relations, upon successful and honorable completion of their time as a SAS member.
Opportunity to attend various events in the Greater Boston Area: The Boston Pops, Red Sox, ARCH Boston, Golf Tournaments, etc.
Meet and network exclusively with amazing Wentworth alumni, donors and friends