Student Admission Ambassador
Admissions Ambassador Job Description
Admissions Ambassadors do much more than just give tours. They are the front line of the admissions office for prospective students, their families and important community members. Tours have a huge impact on the college decision-making process which means you will have a huge impact on the lives of students and their families that walk through our door, teaching them about the academic and extracurricular opportunities Wentworth has to offer. If you’re excited about sharing your college experience, bolstering your communication and presentation skills, learning more about the Institute, and taking an active part in ensuring the future of Wentworth we encourage you to apply!
We Look for Students Who:
- Are articulate, professional and responsible.
- Share a strong enthusiasm for Wentworth.
- Are positive and respectful.
- Work well in a group setting.
- Know our campus, its events, and activities well.
- Reflect the diversity of our student population.
- Have an open mind and are willing to learn not only about admission statistics but other majors, colleges, and clubs and activities on Wentworth’s campus and through the COF.
As an Admissions Ambassador, You Will:
- Guide memorable walking tours for individuals, families and large groups.
- Provide a positive visit experience to all guests.
- Mingle with prospective families pre-tour.
- Assist in Undergraduate Admissions projects outside of the typical tour schedule.
- Fall Open Houses
- Accepted Students Days
- Women’s Overnight, Shadow Program
- Misc. Admissions events (Kids2College, Online Chats, Transfer Open House, etc.).
- Perform office support as needed.
- Participate in training.
- Lead 1-2, hour-long tours each week (and more as applicable).
- Lead at least 1 Saturday/Holiday tour per semester.
- Enroll in the Wentworth Leadership Institute and successfully complete the coursework (Phase I required)
- Maintain at least a 2.0 GPA (cumulative and semester).
- Attend and participate in all training and development sessions.
- Interviews: Saturday, February 11 (Snow Date: Sunday, February 12).
- Training: Monday, February 27, 2016: 5:30pm – 7:30pm
- Shadow tours from February 27– April 14.
- Accepted Student Days: Friday, March 24th and Friday, March 31st (will worked based on availability)
- $11 per hour
For more information please contact:
Carlo Fierimonte| Assistant Director of Admissions Events & Operations |email@example.com| P: 617-989-4048