WOW Team Leader
Team Leaders (TLs) serve as role models and mentors to new students during Wentworth Opening Week (WOW). This includes creating a fun and engaging experience for students to learn about Wentworth culture and begin the transition to college.
- Attend mandatory training sessions:
- *February 28th full-staff Training, 6pm – 8pm
- *March 21st full-staff Training, 6pm – 8pm
- *August 24th -29th WOW Training
- *Be available to work WOW:
- August 30 – September 4th, 2017
- Present and actively involved throughout training, WOW programs, and other required events.
- Aid in the design and coordination of WOW programs, exercises and activities.
- Provide exemplary customer service to internal customers; WOW Staff, presenters etc, and external customers; Students and parents.
- Plan and implement evening activities.
- Aid in behind the scenes production of WOW.
- Manage the set-up, breakdown and necessities of major WOW programs, including but not limited to sessions, speakers, registration etc.
- Assist Team Leaders with preparations for WOW.
- Enroll in and satisfactorily complete Wentworth Leadership Institute Phase I education course or Phase II if Phase I requirement has already been met, by August 1st, 2017.
- Enroll in and satisfactorily complete WIThero: Creating a Proactive Community or WIThero: Standing Against Sexual Violence if the Creating a Proactive Community requirement has already been met, by August 1st, 2017.
- Keep in contact with the Center for Student Engagement professional staff, make sure to respond to all email within 3 days unless otherwise directed.
- Remain a role model to new students throughout WOW and beyond.
- Complete all other duties as assigned
- Stipend in the value of $600
- Valuable Leadership experience, facilitation skills, and pride in helping new students transition to college.
- Center for Student Engagement apparel, novelties and giveaways.
- Minimum 2.0 cumulative GPA at time of hire and throughout duration of position.
- Current Wentworth Student in good academic and disciplinary standing throughout duration of position.
- Possess openness to diversity and sensitive issues, strong organization and time management skills, professionalism.
Contact Chris Scanlon with questions at email@example.com
*All dates subject to change