COVID-19 Leave Policy
COVID-19 leave is available for employees for up to five (5) days for the following reasons:
- An employee tests positive for COVID-19 and must isolate.
- An employee is identified as a close contact, is unvaccinated, and must quarantine.
- An employee must care for a household/family member who tests positive for COVID-19.
- An employee must care for a child who is required to be home under quarantine.
- An employee has a reaction to the vaccine and/or booster shot.
To monitor the COVID-19 situation on campus, Wentworth continues to need current information about positive COVID-19 cases within the community. Employees who test positive at the Wentworth testing hub are automatically included in the University’s data. Employees who test positive at the testing hub are contacted by a member of the COVID-19 Team.
Employees who receive a positive COVID-19 test result from a third-party site (for example, CVS) or a home rapid test must contact the COVID-19 Team immediately via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone at (617) 989-4019 for information on appropriate follow up. Employees with a positive test result should notify their supervisor. Supervisors must notify their Division Vice President of the positive COVID case. Providing information helps to ensure the campus can function and to provide services to our faculty and staff.
Employees should notify their supervisor of their need for COVID-19 leave under this policy. In recording their leave under this policy on ADP timecards, employees should use the Off Campus Pay Code, and then click the COVID-19 Per Employee request paid pull down option with ADP.
If an employee has any questions regarding this policy, they should contact Human Resources directly via email at email@example.com.