New Student Orientation
New Student Orientation
Throughout the summer, new students will have opportunities to learn more about the Wentworth community through our hybrid (in-person and online) and fully online orientation programs. Orientation is required of all new students.
During NSO, students will register for classes, meet faculty and staff, learn about opportunities and resources on campus, and make connections with their fellow incoming students. Students who choose to participate virtually will receive the same information, register for classes at the same time as students who attend in person, and will meet virtually with an orientation leader and other new students. Please see below for details depending on
Steps for Students Attending an In-Person Orientation Program
- Step 1: Review information in the orientation modules on Brightspace. These will take about 90 minutes to review and can be done anytime before June 30.
- Step 2: Attend required virtual meeting with your academic department during the week of June 7. Please click here to see what times your major's meeting is offered.
- Step 3: Attend your in-person orientation session. Click here for a full schedule of orientation. Students stay on campus overnight for orientation.
Steps for Students Participating in Orientation Completely Online
- Step 1: Review information in the orientation modules on Brightspace (Available June 1). These will take about 90 minutes to review and can be done anytime before June 30.
- Step 2: Attend required virtual presentations during the week of June 7. Each presentation is offered twice. Choose the time that works best for you. Please click here for a full schedule of the week.
- Step 3: Attend required meeting with your academic department during the week of June 7. Please click here to see what times your major's meeting is offered.
- Step 4: Register for your first semester classes. When you signed up for online orientation, you selected a date (June 15, 18, 22, or 25) to register for your fall semester classes. You will receive more instructions on this process later in June.
- Step 5: Attend an orientation group meeting with your Orientation Leader. Your Orientation Leader will reach out to you in mid June with details about when you can meet with them.
Click the links below to view recordings of the informational presentations that were held during the week of June 7.
- Academic Support
- Class Registration Preparation
- Dean of Students Address
- Financial Aid and Billing
- Housing and Residential Life
- Student Panel