Wentworth affords its students the opportunity to have guests on campus and the privilege to entertain guests in a room or suite, as long as the room/suitemate’s right to access, privacy, and to study and sleep free from disturbance is respected.
Expectations include but are not limited to the following:
- The hosting student must accompany the guest at all times.
- Students bringing guests to Institute-sponsored events will be held responsible for the actions of any guest.
- Students are responsible for their guests’ behavior in all areas of campus including but not limited to, academic, administrative, and residential buildings.
- Guests must have a valid identification on them when on Wentworth property and present that identification to a Wentworth official when asked.
Additional Residential Restrictions
- Guests must be 18 years of age or older.
- Guests must comply with all rules and restrictions in the Student Code of Conduct.
- No guest may stay overnight in the public areas of any of the residence halls or in academic or administrative buildings.
- Resident students must have the prior approval of all roommates/suitemates in order to host a guest.
- A resident student may have two guests in the residence. Resident students may only host an overnight guest four nights each month.
- Any guest in a residence hall, with the exception of Baker Hall, after 4:00 pm must be signed in with the desk attendants. Guests who arrive prior to 4:00 pm must return with their host to the desk attendant area to show proper id and be signed in. During the hours of 4:00pm and 8:00am, guests must sign out of the residence hall building.
- Guests of Baker Hall must be signed in with the Security Officer at all times. The security desk is covered 24/7 and all guests must be signed in and signed out accordingly. Non- student guests shall not bring alcohol onto campus.
- Guests are only permitted in the residence halls during contracted times as stated in the housing agreement. Guests are subject to all of the above rules and restrictions and host students are responsible for their guests' actions. Students enrolled at other institutions will be referred to their home institutions for disciplinary action.
- Only students living in a Wentworth residential community have access to that building 24/7.
- All Wentworth residential students will have access to all residential buildings between 8 a.m. and 8 p.m. only.
- After 8 p.m., any Wentworth residential student wanting to access a residential building will have to sign in as a guest of a resident of the building they are signing into.
- Nonresidential Wentworth students will not have access to any residential building at any time except as guests who need to be signed in by a resident of the building they are signing into.
- Non Wentworth guests will have to show an ID and be signed in by a resident of the building they are signing into.
- Any Wentworth student who is not a resident of a building may have access to that building if they are attending a Wentworth event.