You are here
WOW Program Assistant
Program Assistants (PAs) plan and implement large scale programs such as night entertainment and major speakers. Program Assistants serve as production managers for all of Wentworth Opening Week.
- Attend mandatory training sessions:
- *March 7 full-staff Training, 6pm – 8pm
- *March 28 full-staff Training, 6pm – 8pm
- *August 24th -29th WOW Training
- *Be available to work WOW:
- August 30 – September 4th, 2017
- Present and actively involved throughout training, WOW programs, and other required events.
- Aid in the design and coordination of WOW programs, exercises and activities.
- Provide exemplary customer service to internal customers; WOW Staff, presenters etc, and external customers; Students and parents.
- Plan and implement evening activities.
- Aid in behind the scenes production of WOW.
- Manage the set-up, breakdown and necessities of major WOW programs, including but not limited to sessions, speakers, registration etc.
- Assist Team Leaders with preparations for WOW.
- Enroll in and satisfactorily complete Wentworth Leadership Institute Phase I education course or Phase II if Phase I requirement has already been met, by August 1st, 2017.
- Enroll in and satisfactorily complete WIThero: Creating a Proactive Community or WIThero: Standing Against Sexual Violence if the Creating a Proactive Community requirement has already been met, by August 1st, 2017.
- Keep in contact with the Center for Student Engagement professional staff, make sure to respond to all email within 3 days unless otherwise directed.
- Remain a role model to new students throughout WOW and beyond.
- Complete all other duties as assigned
- Stipend in the value of $600
- Valuable Leadership experience, facilitation skills, and pride in helping new students transition to college.
- Center for Student Engagement apparel, novelties and giveaways.
- Minimum 2.0 cumulative GPA at time of hire and throughout duration of position
- Current Wentworth Student in good academic and disciplinary standing throughout duration of position
Contact Chris Scanlon, Associate Director at email@example.com
Possess openness to diversity and sensitive issues, strong organization and time management skills, professionalism
*All dates subject to change