You are here
This policy supersedes the one found in the printed Student Handbook 2017-2018.
Students share the responsibility for protecting and maintaining health and safety and the rights of other persons. The Institute expects all students to comply with all federal, state and local laws, regulations and ordinances, but also expects more of its students. Students who anticipate or observe a violation of the Student Code of Conduct or Institute rule, regulation or policy are expected to remove themselves from association or participation and are encouraged to report the incident. Violations of personal conduct include, but are not limited to:
- Violation of federal, state, and local laws, regulations, and ordinances.
- Violation of Institute policies and procedures.
- Conduct that adversely affects the Institute and/or area community, in the pursuit of mission, goals, and objectives.
- Physical abuse: contact that harms or attempts to harm the emotional or physical health or safety of any person.
- Verbal, written and/or pictorial/video abuse: verbal, written and/or pictorial/video conduct that harms or attempts to harm the emotional or physical health or safety of any person.
- Bias-motivated behavior, including but not limited to physical, verbal and/or written behavior, based upon a real or perceived affiliation with a protected classification (age, color, disability, ethnicity or national origin, gender identity, sex, sexual orientation, race, religion and veteran status).
- Violent, abusive, indecent, profane or otherwise disorderly conduct.
- Failure to comply with requests from Institute officials and/or any municipal, state, or federal law enforcement personnel (e.g. Health and Safety Inspections, Administrative Searches, requests for entry or search, requests for ID, requests for discontinuance of conduct).
- Unauthorized access to restricted areas including but not limited to classrooms, labs, studios, offices, living spaces, fire escapes, roofs or ledges.
- Possession of firearms, explosives, knives, ammunition (live or empty shell casings), other weapons, or dangerous chemicals on Institute premises. The storage of any flammable products is prohibited. Use of any item, even if legally possessed, in a manner that threatens or harms another.
- Creating a safety hazard, including tampering with or removing fire safety equipment, false reporting of fire or bombs, impeding an egress/ingress or throwing objects out of windows.
- Failure to exit a building or area during an emergency, fire alarm or at the request of a Wentworth official and return prior to authorization by a Wentworth official.
- Complicity is being in the presence during a violation of the Student Code of Conduct in any way that condones, supports, or encourages that violation.
- Any intentional or unintentional/actual or attempted theft, damage or destruction of property.
- Use of a device to share images of any person or making an audio or video recording of any person where there is an expectation of privacy.
- Conduct Unbecoming of a Wentworth Student.