You are here
Wentworth affords its students the opportunity to have guests on campus and the privilege to entertain guests in a room or suite, as long as the room/suitemate’s right to access, privacy, and to study and sleep free from disturbance is respected. Wentworth defines guests as non-Wentworth students, and in the residential setting, any students who are not current residents of the room/suite/apartment they are visiting. A residential setting includes Wentworth owned, leased, or rented.
Expectations include but are not limited to the following:
- The hosting student must accompany the guest at all times.
- Students bringing guests to Institute-sponsored events will be held responsible for the actions of any guest.
- Students are responsible for their guests’ behavior in all areas of campus including but not limited to, academic, administrative, and residential buildings.
- Guests must have a valid identification on them when on Wentworth property and present that identification to a Wentworth official when asked.
Additional Residential Restrictions
- Guests must be 18 years of age or older.
- Guests must comply with all rules and restrictions in the Student Code of Conduct.
- No guest may stay overnight in the public areas of any of the residence halls or in academic or administrative buildings.
- Resident students must have the prior approval of all roommates/suitemates in order to host a guest.
- A resident student may have two guests in the residence. Resident students may only host an overnight guest four nights each month.
- Any guest in a residence hall, with the exception of Baker Hall, must be signed in with the desk attendants after 4:00pm. Guests who arrive prior to 4:00 pm must return with their host to the desk attendant area to show proper id and be signed in. During the hours of 4:00pm and 6:00am, guests must sign out of the residence hall building.
- Guests of Baker Hall must be signed in with the Security Officer at all times. The security desk is covered 24/7 and all guests must be signed in and signed out accordingly.
- Non-student guests shall not bring alcohol onto campus.
- Guests are only permitted in the residence halls during contracted times as stated in the housing agreement. Guests are subject to all of the above rules and restrictions and host students are responsible for their guests' actions. Students enrolled at other institutions will be referred to their home institutions for disciplinary action.