Residential Student Work Request Form

This form is for non-emergency work requests only. Any requests put through with this form will be routed through the Office of Housing and Residential Life for submittal to the Physical Plant office.


However, You Should Call for Service if...

There are any urgent or hazardous issues.  Please see the list below and if those issues exist, immediately contact the Physical Plant Service Line at 617-989-4555 between the hours of 6:00 a.m. and 10:30 p.m. on Mondays through Fridays and between 6:00 a.m. and 2:30 p.m. on Saturdays.  Outside of these hours any urgent or hazardous issues should be reported by calling the Public Safety Office at 617-989-4400.

Examples of issues that we ask you to report immediately are:

  • LIfe safety issues
  • Vandalism
  • Electrical hazards
  • Flooding or running water
  • Scent of gas (appliances)
  • Exterior lighting outages
  • Broken locks and doors
  • Trip or fall hazards (such as liquid spills/ice)
  • Extreme heating or cooling conditions

If you call either the Physical Plant Service Line or Public Safety for a non-emergency issue, you will be redirected to use this form.

Thank you very much.  We appreciate your help reporting emergency issues immediately.

Please describe your problem or request. Please be as specific and brief as possible i.e. include the side of the room or any other indicators to assist with locating the problem.