You are here
Common Registration Errors
Below is a list of the most common registration errors. Read the solutions below for assistance. When necessary, contact the department that owns the course that cannot be added (ex: for a COMP course, contact the Computer Science department) or the SSC to update/settle your student account.
“You have a hold on your account.”
- Your account is not settled- usually due to an outstanding balance, missing financial aid paperwork, etc.
- Contact the SSC at (617) 989-4020 or email@example.com to settle your account.
“Please enter your Alternate PIN to access registration.”
- You need a registration access code (RAC) code to register for classes.
- Contact your advisor or your department to get you RAC code.
- No more seats are available in the section.
- Find another section or work with your academic advisor to create another schedule.
“Linked Course Required”
- You are trying to add a lecture and lab that are not linked or you are missing a linked course.
- Choose linked section, for example, labs CHEM3800-02 and CHEM3800-03 go with lecture CHEM3800-01. Add lecture and lab sections at the same time.
“Prerequisite and Test Score Error”
- You are missing a prerequisite or a co-requisite course.
- Get department approval for missing prerequisite or choose a different course. Add co-requisite courses at the same time.
“Field of Study Restriction- Major”
- This class is reserved for another major.
- Choose another class.
- You have tried to add two courses that are scheduled at the same time.
- Pick courses that are not scheduled at the same time.
“You are not allowed to register at this time”
- You are trying to register at a time when registration is not available.
- Wait until registration opens. If you think you should be eligible to register contact the SSC.
- You are trying to register for a CPCE (night school) course.
- All CPCE courses have a section number starting with C (C01, C61, etc.)
- You are trying to register for a section that is restricted to another class level.
- Choose another class or get department approval.
“Maximum Hours Exceeded”
- You have exceeded the 20 credits maximum per semester.
- Fill out Student Exception Form with required signatures and pay for extra credits exceeding the 20 credit limit.
- You have listed two sections of the same course.
- Delete the old section in your schedule and then add the new section.
“You have no registration time ticket.”
- You are not an active student.
- Contact the SSC at (617) 989-4020.
"Mutual Exclusion with <CLASS>"
- You have taken a class that is mutually exclusive with another class (i.e. you can only take one of the two classes).
- Register for a different class or contact the academic department that offers the class for more information.
"Repeat Count Exceeds 1"
- You are registering for a course you have already repeated once. Academic policy does not allow for repeating a course multiple times.
- If this is an attempt to register for a course for the 2nd or 3rd time, please go to your deans office to discuss your options.