You are here
Bachelor of Science in Engineering – Interdisciplinary
College of Engineering & Technology
Eager to start your own company? At Wentworth, you can combine your mechanical engineering studies with courses in manufacturing and management. Interested in designing musical instruments? Create a curriculum that integrates an electrical engineering degree with exploration in music and computer science.
Wentworth’s Bachelor of Science in Engineering is an innovative interdisciplinary degree program for students who wish to supplement their engineering education with electives that match their personal interests and broaden their career options. The combinations are varied and limited only by your interests and imagination. Our engineering students have focused on fields ranging from computer science, biology and chemistry to management, music and art.
Engineered for—and by—you
Working closely with a full-time faculty member, you’ll design an engineering education that meets your personal and professional goals. The curriculum includes:
- Core engineering courses (Biomedical, Civil, Computer, Electrical, Manufacturing and Mechanical Engineering Concentration Tracks)
- Mathematics and science courses that support the engineering discipline
- General education courses that give you the foundation to understand the role and responsibility of an engineer in society and in a global environment
- Directed Studies Courses around your selected Minor/s
- Engineering design courses that allow you to collaborate with your peers on a variety of projects
- Study Abroad Opportunities—a rare opportunity for engineering students.
The Engineering program is accredited by the Engineering Accreditation Commission of ABET, http://www.abet.org.
Program Tracking Sheet
Interdisciplinary Engineering in the World
Top Job Titles for Interdisciplinary Engineers:
- Cyberspace Operations Officer
Average starting salary in 2016
Average starting salary: $64,000