Bachelor of Science in Engineering
College of Engineering & Computer Science
Engineered for—and by—you
Wentworth’s Bachelor of Science in Engineering (BSEN) is a 4-year innovative interdisciplinary degree for students who wish to create a curriculum integrating their engineering and non-engineering interests in a structured manner. Study Abroad is also highly encouraged with various options to select from!
BSEN allows you to select a concentration from the following areas and directed studies/minors:
You may select a minor from a variety of departments through the College of Engineering and Technology, College of Arts and Sciences, College of Architecture, Design and Construction Management.
Minors include Aerospace, Applied Mathematics, Bioinformatics, Biology, Business Management, Chemistry, COF Minor in Sustainability, Computer Networking, Computer Science, Construction Management, Electrical Engineering, Manufacturing, Media Culture and Communication Studies, Performing Arts, and Physics.
Or Directed Studies
You may select electives that match your personal interests and broaden your career options. The combinations are varied and limited only by your interests and imagination. Our engineering students have focused on fields ranging from Sustainability, Life Cycle Analysis, Business Management, Computer Science, Applied Math and Sciences, Music, and Art.
Working closely with the Department Chair and/or a full-time faculty member, you’ll design an engineering education meeting your personal and professional goals.
The curriculum includes:
- Core engineering courses (Biomedical, Civil, Computer, Electrical, Manufacturing and Mechanical Engineering Concentration Tracks)
- Mathematics and science courses that support the engineering discipline
- General education courses that give you the foundation to understand the role and responsibility of an engineer in society and in a global environment
- Directed Studies/Minor Courses
- Engineering design courses that allow you to collaborate with your peers on a variety of projects
- Study Abroad Opportunities—a rare opportunity for engineering students.
Study Abroad Options
Expand your horizons by living and learning in a different culture for one or two semesters. Possible options include:
- FH Upper Austria in Wels, Austria
- Hanze University of Sciences in Groningen, Netherlands
- INSA Rouen in Normandy, France
- Kingston University in Kingston, England
- Lucerne University of Applied Sciences in Lucerne, Switzerland
- RMIT University in Melbourne, Australia
- University of Girona in Girona, Spain
- University College Dublin in Dublin, Ireland
- Waterford Institute of Technology in Waterford, Ireland
- Windesheim University of Applied Sciences in Zwolle, Netherlands
The Engineering program is accredited by the Engineering Accreditation Commission of ABET, http://www.abet.org.
Learn more about our Department of Engineering.
Program Tracking Sheet
Engineering in the World
BSEN students have worked for:
- NextSource at MIT Department of Facilities
- Rolls-Royce Naval Marine, Inc.
- Jacobs Engineering
- Mote Marine Laboratory
- Raytheon Company
- Massachusetts General Hospital
- Cosentini Associates
- MIT Lincoln Laboratory
- Buro Happold
- TG Gallagher
- CBT Architects
- Synventive Molding Solutions
- iRobot Corp.
- General Electric Aviation
- Fitzemeyer & Tocci Associates
- The Charles Stark Draper Laboratory
- Evans Industries
- National Aeronautics and Space Administration (NASA)
- General Dynamics Mission Systems
- Alkwther Industries Co.
- Northeast Air Solutions
Median Starting Salary in 2017