Bachelor of Science in Applied Mathematics
College of Arts & Sciences
Broad skills you can apply in your career
We offer a Bachelor of Science degree in Applied Mathematics (BSAM). The BSAM degree is
- a marketable Bachelor of Science degree that students can earn in just three years. This means one year less tuition and one year sooner into the job market.
- flexible: students can finish the program in four years if you would like more time or would like to earn a dual degree.
- Requires that students complete two semester-long cooperative internship positions (Students do not pay tuition when they are doing their co-ops- instead they are getting paid.)
- The problem solving skills that the Applied Math major develops will apply across disciplines.
- Students can also complete a financial math concentration while completing the B.S. in Applied Math that prepares students for two actuarial exams: exam P and FM.
- Applied Mathematics students can also complete a minor in Data Science or Computer Science with careful planning with their academic advisors.
- On campus
- 120 credits (30 classes total)
- Machine Learning (an elective; students have to take four electives in this major)
- Actuarial Mathematics (an elective that prepares students for one of the actuarial exams- exam P; students have to take four electives in this major)
- Partial Differential Equations (a required course)
- Operations Research (a required course)
Wentworth also offers a Minor in Applied Mathematics.
Learn more about our Department of Applied Mathematics.
In addition to the below coursework requirements, students are required to complete the following non-coursework degree requirements: one public lecture, a website, and a poster presentation.