Presidential Transition Timeline
As of May 22, 2018
- Presidential Transition Committee formed.
- Announcement of President Zorica Pantić’s retirement in May 2019.
- Board Chair appoints Presidential Search Committee Chair.
- Board of Trustees approves Presidential Transition Committee charter.
- Board of Trustees meets for a full-day retreat to prepare for presidential transition and search including review and approval of a Presidential Search Committee charter, the committee’s composition and a process for nominations and selection, and a 2018-19 Institute Bridge Plan.
- Presidential Transition Committee to solicit nominations to serve on Presidential Search Committee.
July - August 2018
- Presidential Search Committee is constituted and scheduled to begin meeting.
- Presidential Search Committee interviews prospective search firms and selects a search partner.
September - November 2018
- Presidential Search Committee solicits feedback from the university community regarding attributes and qualities desired in new president.
- Based on university community input, the Presidential Search Committee develops Leadership Statement for review, input, and approval by the Board of Trustees forming the basis for the search committee’s criteria in the presidential search.
- Presidential Search Committee conducts comprehensive search to recruit a large and diverse pool of well-qualified presidential candidates.
November 2018 – January 2019
- Presidential Search Committee selects and interviews semi-finalist candidates.
- Presidential Search Committee submits finalist candidates to the Board of Trustees by January 31, 2019.
- Interviews with finalist candidates conducted on campus.
- Board of Trustees finalizes selection of next president.
- President Zorica Pantić retires.
- New president begins at Wentworth.
*Timeline subject to change and updated regularly.